Chapter 20

The month has passed since Empress Vivienne visited the Valencia household. Now the official date of the wedding has been decided.

Everyone went into wedding planning mode.

The famous wedding dress designer, a famous interior designer, wedding and event planner, and caterers that would be in charge of catering during the engagement party has visited me.

Not only that, I've been taking dancing and etiquette lessons so the people would see me as a graceful princess, but I was also learning more about Nauloria. Although I have to admit, I enjoy learning about Nauloria's history more than repeating etiquette lessons.

"So Lady Evelyn, according to the guest list, you'll be having 100 guests, am I correct?" The event planner is in charge of the engagement party. The engagement party will start in 3 days.

Since my grandmother, my mother, my aunts, and Lila are busy. I'm in charge of showing the event planner around and answering all the questions.

"Yes, Valencia is a big household, so not only our entire family will be invited, there will be friends of our family. Also, the King and Queen with the 7th Prince's family will be attending. It's really important to show importance to the Mediterranean royal family." I explained to the event planner.

Since the wedding date has been set, and we have an upcoming engagement party. The media were going crazy about it, writing about the dress I would wear or which the popular socialites we have invited.

"All right, I'm going to speak with my assistant about the preparations." The event planner spoke as she walked to the assistant that is memorizing who and where the person was going to sit.

I was just looked at the workers who are carrying the tables into the ballroom and trying to move correctly as was instructed in the blueprint.

I was about to daydream, but I've felt a presence that was purposely trying to approach me from my back. I quickly turned just to be met with a pair of different colored eyes.

Kai sheepishly smiled, since the surprise was now ruined. As always, he always dressed up he wore a black dress shirt, black jacket, and black trousers. I will not lie it does suit him.

I didn't expect him to arrive today; he was supposed to arrive tomorrow.

"You know I could have attacked you on the premise of self-defense?" I asked him. In the pack, I've been taking combat lessons that made me careful of people who are approaching from the back.

"Oh, I hope you wouldn't. Aren't you happy to see me right now?" Kai answered, and indeed I was happy to see him.

We would often text with each other and if Kai travels to the closer time zone, we would video call. Though before we began video calling this Kai, who is about 200 years old, faced some challenges at first but luckily sirens are more adaptable to the technologies than vampires. Other than that, I always wondered which flower company Kai placed an order in since I have always been getting flowers each day for the past month.

The last time Kai visited me was before the Empress' visit.

"Of course I'm glad to see you. I just didn't expect you to be here today." I answered truthfully.

"By the way, will you be staying here or at the hotel? I can ask the butler to prepare a guestroom." I asked Kai. He is probably staying at the hotel, but I still think he might need a room when he will be tired after the engagement party.

"But you are my fiancee shouldn't you be offering to stay in your room?" Kai suggestively joked, but I tried not to choke.

"I don't think you deserve that privilege looking at how often you come here," I answered jokingly he only hummed in sadness while he made the puppy eyes but then we just both laughed.