Chapter 39

Finally, the scenery became more familiar. I haven't visited the Silver Forest pack for about two years. I wasn't overwhelmed with bitterness when I was a teenager nor I was overwhelmed by hopelessness when I was a university student. Instead, I've felt curiosity.

I'm curious how the pack changed during my time when I was in Nauloria. I've heard that my marriage with Kai and Damien becoming the King influenced the pack's transformation. No one ever could predict that the 7th rank pack becomes the 1st in that short amount of time.

Also, I have agreed to become a judge for the Queen's selection. The only challenging part is that the Queen's selection will be broadcast onto werewolf television and of course sirens will also have access to the series. I had to seek Empress Vivianne's permission for this matter.

When I told Kai about it. He wasn't happy since I will be away for a long time as if I was taking an act of revenge for the time when Kai left to suppress the rebellion. Nonetheless, he understood that I hadn't visited my family in the pack and understood the Empress's intentions to make the royal family more popular.

" I want to remind you that once we settle in, you have a meeting with the producers, your Highness." My assistant May reminded me with a timid voice and I nodded in acknowledgment.

Of course, I couldn't visit the pack alone since now I'm not an ordinary girl but a Princess. I was given assistants that are experienced in the human world and bodyguards. Half of them are sirens and half of them are the hybrids of sirens and werewolves.

One of my bodyguards opened the car's door for me.

We have arrived in front of the chateau. The chateau was newly renovated and also it was bought as soon as it was renovated. The chateau was truly built by a French man; it looks very similar to what I would see in France. Previously this chateau served as a hotel.

As far I understand this chateau is now the new packhouse for the Silver Forest pack. Since it's perfectly fitted for the Alpha King's new residence.

In front of the chateau, my father was waiting for me, he instantly came over to me and greeted me.

"It's good to see you, Evelyn. How are you been lately?" my father asked and I smiled at him once I remembered how Kai took on the honeymoon and continued doting on me even after the honeymoon.

"I've been good. What about you? And how is Alpha Frank?" At the end of the sentence, my father's face became gloomier.

"I have also been good." Then my father sighed before continuing "Unfortunately, Alpha Frank died from a tragic car crash a few months after you and he established the academic community."

My heart dropped. I wasn't aware of it and I always wondered why he stopped replying to my emails.

I couldn't believe it, Alpha Frank was like a third father to me after my biological father and my step-father.

He was the only one I could trust when I didn't get along with my biological father when I was a teenager.

"Why wasn't I notified about his death?" My voice shook a little bit when I asked my father about it.

"It happened all of a sudden. We had a lot of things to deal with. Furthermore, we had to prepare for the Queen's Selection." He explained.

Meanwhile, I breathed slowly to calm down.

"I guess I will need to visit his grave." I gave a small smile.

Then my assistants asked me to come to the room we are staying in because they finished checking in.

Luckily, there weren't a lot of people in the chateau. I guess the participant hasn't arrived yet. Though the people inside of the chateau have recognized and commented on my arrival and entourage. I'm only grateful that the fact that I was Damiens's ex-mate isn't revealed yet.

The room was spacious but not spacious like in Glass Home residence but I can't complain. It was beautifully decorated with vintage furniture.

I was also given the nearby room for my assistants and bodyguards. I'm glad that my father managed to complete my request because if he couldn't complete the request I don't think that Kai nor Empress Vivianne would allow me to go back to the pack.

Since I will be going to the meeting with the producers, my assistants are helping me choose the outfit.

Some of the outfits I don't fit anymore made me frown for a little bit so I shook off the thought.

Before meeting Kai I was thin and sometimes I was underweight. There were days that I wouldn't eat because I was too sad. Now I gained weight and I look healthier.

I guess I gained weight because I felt very happy lately.

Other than that I noticed that my hair became more golden and even gained more volume. I guess this is what a healthy relationship can do to you.

Luckily some clothes still fit me, I threw clothes that didn't fit on the chair.

"I guess those clothes don't fit me anymore, we need to order newer ones," I suggested to my assistants and they nodded and started sorting the clothes.

I guess I got used to dressing in the Naulorian traditional robe that was more comfortable and free. I quickly chose the costume that I was going to wear for the meeting and went to the designated conference room in the chateau.

After the meeting, I was very tired. I barely got any rest once I arrived in the chateau. I dismissed my assistants and went to take a shower. Once I finished showering and left the bathroom I saw that I had a new notification. Kai has called me, I promised him that I would call him once I have arrived at the pack.

I called Kai back on the screen Kai's handsome face appeared in the background I could see that he was in the office. In Nauloria it was daytime while in Silver Forest pack it was late evening.

"Finally, l was worried that you might haven't arrived safely," Kai told me and I smiled at his concern.

"Yeah, I was very busy once I arrived here," I replied with a small smile. Kai's face changed as soon as he noticed my change in expression.

"Did something happen?" Kai looked more concerned and I sighed before answering.

"Today, I found out that Alpha Frank died in the car crash. I just didn't imagine losing him so soon." My voice almost cracked at the end of my sentence.

Kai's gaze softened once he heard the reason.

"I'm sorry to hear that, I know how important he was to you. If you need me I can be here all day." I gave a small smile.

Kai kept his word and he continued comforting me until I felt better.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Queen's Selection is finally starting! Are you excited?

Also Delicate Bond has reached 10k reads! Thank you so much for your support!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

See you later my dear alligators!