Chapter 26

Today, I promised Empress Vivianne that I would visit her at the Royal Palace. Since I've met Empress Vivianne, she continued treating me as her daughter even after the wedding.

After I married Kai, she would often invite me to the palace for the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law bonding.

Finally, from the pod's window, I can see the Royal Palace. The Royal palace is in the center of attention of the capital city of Oritsu. The architecture remained traditional despite it's been renovated a lot for the past century.

The royal palace contained lots of wings and smaller palaces around the main palace since in the past, siren loved to have a harem of wives. Since sirens not only could imprint the chosen mate, they could imprint multiple wives. With the imprint, it's helped prevent the rivalry between wives and they would feel united.

There were also rumors that a romantic relationship would bloom between wives that were imprinted by the same man. The romantic relationship between wives wasn't forbidden as long they didn't neglect their husband.

But since the female population of sirens rapidly decreased, the sirens had no choice but to forbid polyamorous marriages and imprinting on multiple partners.

The palace's staff greeted me as soon I got out of the pod and I was lead to where the Empress at. Since it's not the first time I've been to the Royal Palace, I knew where the maid was leading me.

The Royal Palace has its spa wing. It had everything from mud baths, massages, and sauna to hair and nail salon. As the Princess, I also have the privilege to use the services without being charged.

When Empress invites me, we would often spend the whole in the spa wing.

Today I ended agreeing to the massage and also ended having getting a hair treatment and getting my nails done. At the end of the procedure, I and the Empress sat down in the drawing-room. We were both wearing our spa robes since other procedures needed to be done.

The scent is filled with the clean smell. I can smell the product that was used on my hair product and also I can smell the massage oil that was used on me. There is also an aroma coming from delicious black tea.

As I do with my mother, I also discuss the latest trends with the Empress since she also loves to try new things regarding beauty treatments.

"As I was looking at the report of your appearance and your public's perception, I might say I'm very impressed." Empress Vivianne praised me.

Since the incident with the partly waterproof wine-soaked dress, I instantly became the fashion icon. The incident caused the dress that I wore to be sold out for twenty times the price I bought. Now the dress is being auctioned on the online platform. Not only that, as soon as I invested in some projects, the company's stock was instantly skyrocketed.

The money that I donated to the research started making progress because I was not the person who sponsored the research fund.

"Thank you, your majesty." I politely thanked her.

"Ah, what did I tell you using the formalities in private?" Empress mentioned, and then I remembered she requested not to use the formalities.

"It's a habit." I sheepishly answered.

The more I interact with the Empress, the more I notice the similarity between her and Kai. Not only their appearance similar but they are both seem to have the same mannerism and charisma.

Empress Viviane continued the conversation.

"Though, the most memorable of your recent appearance is the color-changing dress every noble is fascinated with the dress. I'm wondering if they could do the same thing but with the traditional Naulorian dress." Empress asked me.