Chapter 53

It's almost the last episode of the Selection where soon Damien would have to choose the person that he wants to rule with. Unfortunately, this day won't come.

I still feel guilty that I promised Leslie and Angela to help them and even managed to help them to reach the finals but in the end, they won't become a Queen.

The weeks have been busy for me since I needed to contact the members who are on the traditionalist party rather than from the left. That way it would be easier to damage control if the council feels very conflicted about my actions.

To gain supporters I need to do everything secretly. Or else the other side will be prepared to counter my actions. That is why I decided to support Angela and Leslie and actively go against Kimberly and Margaret.

Kai has also been helping by preparing the troops in case the packs will want to attack us.

This is the day when I make things right.

Currently, I secretly invited a few of the council members, the lawyer, the key members of the pack, and Priestess Agnesia. With my father's and Aaron's help, they made sure their visit would be kept a secret.

"Everything is prepared, Princess Evelyn. Now all of the witnesses are gathered in the room." Eric informed me.

"Good. Then please inform and invite Damien in." I asked Eric and he instantly goes to find Damien.

Looks like my plan begins now.

I then went to the room and greeted all of the people that are currently present to witness me legally taking the title of the Alpha.

Then I sat down and waited for Damien.

When Damien arrived he was very confused by the people that were present.

"What is happening?" Damien asked.

"You are accused of mishandling the pack's assets. Since your father entrusted me with the power of assigning the Alpha. I suggest signing the paper and in return, you will not be reported to the council for your crime." I explained to Damien and then Richard Swanson explained Alpha Frank's will to Damien.

Damien's expression changed and took a look at the paper that was on the table.

"Looks like you prepared very carefully and even prepared the witnesses' signatures," Damien commented.

"Are you going to sign or not?" I firmly asked Damien. Then Damien sighed.

"Fine, give me the pen," Damien said and Eric handed him the pen. Damien quickly signed and left the room.

Then everyone in the room started to congratulate me for becoming the Alpha of the Silver Forest pack. Of course, it didn't take long before Margaret knew about it.

After about fifteen minutes Margaret barged into the room.

"What is the meaning of this?" Margaret demanded.

"There is the copy of the document that Damien signed and the copy of the Alpha's Frank will.

Please feel free to take a look." I politely gestured to take a look at the papers that are on the table.

Margaret instantly grabbed the papers and started reading.

"How long have you been planning to do this?" Margaret asked still in disbelief at what had happened.

"As soon as I found out that your son has been mismanaging my pack's assets." I wasn't afraid to reveal the information that I knew and I wasn't afraid to call Silver Forest pack mine.

Margaret's eyes have widened of the things I knew.

"Though, I have a question. Why have you gathered the support of the traditionalist, hmm?" Margaret asked. She wanted to know the details that she missed that made her plan go awry.

"I presume you have heard the prophecy, councilwoman Nightingale." Priestess Agnesia said in hopes that she will accept the destiny.

It took a minute for Margaret to piece the puzzles together.

"No wonder," Margaret whispered, then once again she looked at me.

"I won't leave things like that." Margaret threatened and then before leaving the room she said.

"You may have won the battle but you still need to win a war, Evelyn."

With that Margaret left. After that, I once again thanked the guest for helping me.

Then Aaron mindlinked me.

"The crew members are now prepared to film your announcement."

Since now I'm the Alpha of the pack I can mindlink with the pack's members. I could do that before I left the pack to marry Kai but during the Selection, I couldn't do that because I wasn't part of the pack.

I gathered the papers and handed them to my assistant.

I went to the main hall where the cameras are stationed and I told the producers that I'm ready to film the announcement. Not only the crew members were there but the participants were also confused by the lack of judges and sudden announcement.

Then I was given the signal that the cameras were on.

"Dear werewolves of the North continent, I'm here with the sudden announcement. Due King Damien was found to be guilty of mismanaging the pack's assets, I will be taking the role as the Alpha of the Silver Forest pack." I've heard many people gasp behind the scenes.

"With that, the Selection of the Queen will have to abruptly end." Then the cameras stop filming.

Then I faced the participants.

"Due to the abrupt end of the Selection, I will pay for your trip back home. It would be better if you started packing your belongings."

Then before reaching the exit of the main hall I stopped.

"Oh, Leslie and Angela come follow me, I have an offer that I would like to make for you both."