Chapter 28

Just a heads up! This chapter can be difficult to read since the topic of wolf trafficking is mentioned.

If you find it difficult to read the you may skip the chapter.

I promise that the reason isn't dark as you may think . There will be explanation about Moonlight Sanctuary in the next chapter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After lunch, I just decided to read a book because I have a never-ending list of books I should read. I don't mind it too much because I love learning in a relaxed manner.

Then I noticed the gift box that was sitting on my table. The gift that Violet gave me. She told me that I would appreciate her gift.

'What makes her think that I will appreciate her gift?' I seriously thought.

Still, I was curious.

I carefully inspected the box then I shook the box. The sound didn't seem suspicious so I carefully untied the bow and carefully unwrapped the gift. I opened the lid from afar.

Inside it seemed that it was a stack of papers and on top of it there was a note.

'I believe the princess wouldn't let such a thing happen to werewolves.' The note said.

At first, I was confused but then I carefully grabbed the stack of papers and started looking through them. My face turned into a shocking expression once I realized what I was looking for.

The missing rogue she-wolves.

The ones responsible for kidnapping the she-wolves are the sirens. At first, I was in denial, there is no way sirens are responsible for this.

There was a list of names of she-wolves who ended up in the Moonlight Sanctuary. I tried searching their name in the search engine that only werewolves use.

The names and the photo matches.

I also tried searching up the Moonlight Sanctuary in the search engine that sirens use.

Unfortunately, that place exists.

There were articles about Moonlight Sanctuary that were coming from their website. The media tries to avoid that topic.

There was an article that Prince Kai had invested in the project. I should confront him.

I accidentally clicked on the price sections then I closed the webpage once I saw one of the price lists.

They were trafficking she-wolves.

My body was covered in goosebumps and shivers and my heart started beating fast.

"What the hell, what the hell, what the hell!" I started muttering while I looked at the ground.

I started breathing faster once I understood what kind of mess and danger I got myself into.

I should confront Kai.

I grabbed the stack of papers and headed to the 6th floor by the stairs. I ran through the library until I reached the front door of his office.

I opened the door without knocking. I didn't care if he was having a call, he had some explaining to do.

Before Kai could speak I threw the stack of papers on his desk.

"Please don't tell me that you are responsible for the kidnapping of the rogue she-wolves." I desperately said.

Kai looked at the papers briefly until his expression changed once he understood what I was talking about.

"It's true," Kai admitted. I was shocked that he admitted, I just hoped he would tell me otherwise.

"Do you use she-wolves for sex trafficking!? I wil-l" I then started screaming then Kai interrupted me.

"You will what? I suggest you think carefully through it because you are still going to be my wife for more than 9 years. I don't want you to be in an uncomfortable position in the royal family." Kai warned me.

I looked at him for a few seconds then I left his office.

He was right.

If I reveal who is the culprit behind there will be a war unveiled between sirens and werewolves but since I am still going to be married to Kai I will be treated as a spy here.

I started breathing fast and hugged myself once I came back to my room.

There is nothing I can do to save the werewolves without getting punished for being a spy and starting a war between sirens and werewolves.

Was I meant to play the role of a marionette?

My heart started palpitating like crazy.

I couldn't think of any other way to help the wolves.

Violet is right, how I can be called a princess if I would just enjoy the role of the princess while watching how the she-wolves suffer in Nauloria.

In the end, due to being high-level of stress and anxiety, I didn't have the energy to eat dinner so I simply skipped the dinner.

The night came and I still couldn't sleep due to my anxiety.

I heard the door opening but I didn't turn my head since I knew that it's Kai. I pretended that I was asleep to avoid interacting with him.

Without a pang of guilt or consciousness Kai slipped into bed and hugged my waist.

"Shameless!" I hissed but Kai continued getting closer to my body.

"Oh, you weren't sleeping," Kai said in a sleepy tone.

"How I can sleep, knowing that my species is getting tortured in Nauloria." I fumed.

"We don't torture them," Kai told me.

"Then what are you using them for?" I turned to him and asked.

"Tomorrow I will show you around the sanctuary and explain the reason we do this. " Kai told me.

"Ah, so you could leave me there!?" I accused him but then Kai smiled and stroked my cheek.

"Even without a blood bond, I would never abandon you in such a way." He whispered.

"I will be showing you around the sanctuary to show you that we don't do anything malicious to them as you think," Kai explained.

"I sense that you've been very anxious, it's my fault that I didn't explain earlier." Kai then put his chin on my head and started slowly stroking my back.

I don't know if it's the siren's magic but I fell asleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is Chapter 28! I hope you didn't it find difficult to read.

Now I have a question.

Have you expected this ? Let me know in the comments.

And fair warning. If someone approaches you and claims that they are a siren and plan to take you the Sanctuary. Do not follow them because it's won't be the same as I depicted in the book.

See you later my dear alligators <3