𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐀𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬...

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"GOOD MORNING HOGWARTS STUDENTS, STAFF AND FILCH! WELCOME TO THE MATCH WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FORRRRRR, SLYTHERIN VERSES GRYFFINDORRRRRRR!" 

Rune and Rabastan who had been sitting right next to the commentary stand had their fingers plunged deep into their ears and were wincing at the sheer noise that boomed out of the commentator's mouth. 

"Why is he so loud?" sneered Rune. 

As if on cue, screams and shouts erupted around the stadium as the two teams ran out from their changing rooms. If there ever was a thing that could excite the entire Hogwarts student body, it was a match between Slytherin and Gryffindor. 

Jason Greyjug, the commentator boomed once again, "Well folks, the line-up this year is a rather handsome one— yes, Professor, I do remember that oath to speak all fact and no fiction. I wonder if this year's criteria for making the teams was a pretty face." 

With that, he sent a wink at the two Gryffindor chases hovering in the air before him and both girls broke out into smiles. 

"Well, he sure is charming, I'll give him that much," murmured Rune, with a shake of her head. 

Her eyes flitted past to the green robes and her gaze snagged on the dark-haired, blue-eyed boy who was wrapping black tape around his hands. As if he sensed her eyes on him, Regulus Black looked up and stared straight into her eyes. 

She waited for him to look away first, a sign that he was maybe feeling bad about himself after their argument in Hogsmeade, but he continued to stare right at her- and because she couldn't bring herself to look away, she stared right back. 

"If looks could kill," commented Rabastan, waving his hand in front of her eyes, "You'd both be dead." 

"AND OFF THEY GO!" shouted Greyjug, abruptly cutting off the staring and causing Regulus to whiz off on his broomstick. 

It was obvious to anyone who was watching: Regulus was a natural. 

It was as though the wind bent at his command with the smooth way he circled the arena. It made Rune sick to her stomach.

Pretty face, pretty brains, pretty life, pretty much perfect at everything. 

And he still had the audacity to be so horrid.

The Slytherin team had quickly amped up on their method of aggressive, borderline foul play and loud gasps sounded every time the balls left the hands of the green players.

"Let it be known that Slytherin beater duo Crouch and Avery have committed disgusting, outrageous fouls—"

"GREYJUG!" fretted Professor McGonagall.

"—And blind eyes are being turned to it. Travers— OOH! AND ROSIER SENDS A BLUDGER FLYING AT MCKINNON! Is that blood we see? No need to smile about it, Alecto Carrow. Even with her broken nose and 4 broken teeth, she's still a hundred times prettier than you will ever be."

"GREYJUG!" roared Professor McGonagall again.

"What?! It's true!" Before he could get any more scolding, he continued, "And we're back to play. Fantastic start by Gryffindor chasers Longbottom and Prewett. Fabian or Gideon? Who knows? I can never tell the difference between them. I was today years old when I found out they weren't twins. You believe that?! Not twins! Pfft!"

As the game went on, the commentator was told of multiple times by Professor McGonagall, Rune wondered if he'd ever be allowed to do it again. Evan as she held her hands over her ears, she thought it was a shame. He was providing pure entertainment.