𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏: 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

When Rune got back to Hogwarts, it was in time for her shedding. A painful week passed for her and by the time she recovered and returned to lessons, the Christmas spirit was completely gone, and work was swinging in full force.

It was after dinner that she returned tired to her room and found a bag on her bed. 

She picked it up and shook it slightly before opening it and peering inside. 

It was a book. 

Her first thought was that it was a gift from Honorius. She hadn't received any word from the Ringmaster so either he was okay with her not showing up (which she knew was highly unlikely) or he was so livid that he was going to dish out her punishment when he saw her. Whichever one it was, she'd deal with it. 

Her theory dissolved quickly when she picked it up and found that it was a well-used copy of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. 

She remembered Super Mysterious Guy saying it was his favorite book and when she opened it and examined the pages, a grin crept onto her lips as it was confirmed that it was from him. 

Every single page had writing crammed onto it and lines underlined, circled and even highlighted. There were doodles and scribbles and notes. 

It was an annotated book. He'd given her an annotated copy of his favorite book. 

She turned to the front and found a note scrawled into the inner cover. 

✩✩✩

Dear Minute 

I know you implied that this is the worst book ever written and said that it's boring with unlikeable characters but it's my favorite and I can't imagine you not liking it. 

Maybe if you read it from my point of view, your mind will change. 

It's not new and it's not much, but it's yours. 

I hope you like it at least more than Ulysses.

Merry Christmas. 

P.S. You looked beautiful at The Black Ball. Blue is definitely your color.

From

Super Mysterious Guy 

✩✩✩

Rune's heart was going to explode.  Boom. Bang. Poof. Like fireworks all over the sky lighting it up. 

She realized how easy it would be to figure out who he was with a simple Ownership Charm. But she was having fun trying to do it by herself. And if he was going to continue being the way he was, she was going to have a very good time with it.