𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐨

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"So, for the second step, you've now got to let him know you're ready to be approached," whispered Mason, as he kept an eye on Professor Flitwick. 

"And I do that by...?" prompted Rune. 

"Laugh at his jokes, hold eye contact, maybe—" 

"How long?" 

"What?" 

Rune whispered louder, "How long should I hold eye contact? Like for a minute straight?" 

"No! Like every time he looks at you, look back at him." 

"And if he doesn't look?" 

Mason gave her a resigned look. "What do you think? It means he doesn't like you." 

"But I thought we discovered during step one—" 

"Like I said, only 95% accurate and also feelings change." 

Rune nodded. "Okay. You were saying after eye contact?" 

"Maybe touch his arm." 

Rune sighed loudly and glanced at the other side where the Slytherin's sat. "You should write a book or something. How are people just meant to know this?" 

Mason grinned at her. "If I'm ever short on cash, I'll make sure to pursue this." 

Rune made a note of everything Mason said. She was meeting Rabastan and company after school in the library to study. It was the perfect place to put her plan into action. 

Or so she thought. 

Because aside from the hushes, Regulus had been studious enough to choose the section of the library that was in utmost silence and where the only action that was carrying on was studying. 

She crumpled a piece of paper in frustration and nearly threw it at Regulus' head when he hushed her for the sound the paper made. 

"I'm hungry," she said specifically to Rabastan.

"Oh, me too!" exclaimed Evan, snapping to attention immediately. "Want to run down to the kitchens—" 

"No," she interjected, giving him a dirty look before returning to her notes. 

"Dinner is in 10 minutes," said Regulus, without lifting his eyes from his book. 

"Perfect," commented Rune, turning to Rabastan once again. "Should we head down early? Take a slow walk?" 

"Yeah, definitely," answered Evan, ready to pack his things. 

"Evan!" exasperated Rune, lifting a balled fist to her head. "No one's talking to you." 

Evan stared at her in shock before muttering loud enough for everyone to hear. "Mental, that one. I'm just being nice." 

Rabastan stretched his fingers, breaking his knuckles. "Gosh, I wrote so much my hand feels as though it might fall off." 

Laugh. 

That was part of step two. 

Rune covered her mouth as she tried her best to fake her best laugh. It was only when all of them looked at her with worried expressions did she realize how dumb she must have looked. 

"What?" asked Rabastan, awaiting a... something from her. 

"Uh—" 

Eye-contact.

She lifted her eyes to his and stared hard as she shrugged, "You're just really funny is all." 

When she kept staring into his eyes, he blinked a few times before frowning. "What?" he asked again. "You're staring super intensely."