𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟏: 𝐏𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Despite the late hour, sleep eluded Regulus. He tossed and turned, trying in vain to find a comfortable position, but he was restless.

As he lay there, he felt a faint tug at the edges of his awareness. It was subtle at first, like a whisper on the wind, but it quickly grew stronger.

Frowning, Regulus tried to ignore the sensation, dismissing it as nothing more than a trick of his restless mind. But the pull persisted, growing more persistent with each passing moment until it became impossible to ignore.

With a sigh of resignation, Regulus pushed himself upright and got off the bed. His movements were slow and deliberate as he walked across the room towards the source of the magical disturbance.

His feet carried him to the desk in the corner of his room. Regulus hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering over the handle, before he finally reached out and pulled the drawer open.

Inside, nestled among the various odds and ends that filled the space, was his journal. He felt a faint pulse of magic emanating from within, like a heartbeat echoing rapidly in the stillness of the night.

Frowning in confusion, Regulus picked up the journal and flipped open the cover to scan its pages. 

Are you awake?

He jumped to get his quill and quickly wrote back. 

Yes. 

Are you busy? 

No. 

As he awaited her response, an uncomfortable tension gripped him. His fingers danced nervously on the surface of the desk betraying the unease that gnawed at his insides. When he could no longer bear it, he wrote a second message. 

Do you need something? 

Every passing second seemed to stretch into an eternity, each heartbeat echoing in the quiet of his room. Minutes dragged on, each one heavier than the last.

Can you come get me?

Where are you? 

In London.

There's a cafe in front of me. The Green Bean. 

I think I saw a sign that says Aberdeen Road.

I'm coming. 

He grabbed his wand, and immediately apparated. With a single thought, he conjured the image of The Green Bean cafe on Aberdeen Road, every detail etched into his mind with crystalline clarity.

In an instant, the world around him blurred and shifted, reality bending to his will as he vanished from his family's home and reappeared outside the cafe.

The sensation of apparition washed over him like a fleeting rush of wind, leaving him momentarily disoriented.

As his surroundings came into focus once more and the cold night air greeted him, he scanned the area outside The Green Bean, his eyes searching for any sign of Rune. 

And there, just a few feet away, he spotted her. In the dimly lit alleyway with only Rolo by her side. 

 His heart, already racing from before, quickened its pace as he closed the distance between them. Each step was a thundering echo in his ears, a drumbeat of urgency urging him forward.