𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟎: 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Are you crazy?" yelled Rune. 

Barty resurfaced, drenched with pool water and a clenched jaw. 

"Whoops," said Regulus, his voice completely void of emotion. "My hand slipped." 

Barty ran a hand down his face and as he threaded to the wall to push himself out, Regulus clicked his tongue. "I told you she's mine. Why didn't you listen?"

"I am not yours!" retaliated Rune. 

Regulus looked at her. "That's exactly what someone who is mine would say." 

"You are crazy!" she exclaimed and as she moved to help Barty, Regulus took hold of her hand and pulled her away. 

"He could have drowned," she remarked. "He could hit his head and got a concussion. He could have had a panic attack." 

"You sound awfully worried about him." He stopped in the corner of the garden. "Are you afraid one of those things are going to impede on your date with him?" 

Rune's brows furrowed together. "What date?" 

Regulus was the one frowning now. "The one he asked you out on at Slughorn's Party." 

"You mean the one I said no to?" She pushed his hands off her. "Why am I even telling you this? You don't need to know." 

She was about to slip away from him when she gasped. "Did you push him because you thought I said yes?" 

"No, I pushed him because you keep laughing with him. What's that about?" 

"You've got to be kidding me. He's my friend. Maybe you're not familiar with that concept because you're about as likeable as a dung beetle but that's what friends do. They laugh."

"As if," he scoffed. "He likes you." 

"I'm starting to think you do too." 

He narrowed his eyes at her, and she narrowed them right back. 

It went on for a minute until she sighed, "What do you want from me, Regulus? When I wanted you, you didn't want me. Now, I don't want you anymore and you keep showing up. Leave me alone!" 

"No." 

"What?" She shook her head. "What?!" 

"I said no," he repeated. "Want me to spell it for you? N. O. No." 

"I wasn't asking. I'm telling you to leave me alone." 

"And I'm telling you no." 

"You have issues," she said, looking up at him with a frown. "You told me to stay away from you." 

"I'm changing my mind now. Come closer." 

He leaned in and her heartbeat fluttered for a moment before she twisted away from him and shook her head. 

"No."

"What?" he asked. 

"No. You cannot ignore me and say horrible things to me and kiss me and then tell me it's a mistake and now change your mind about it all. I gave you so many chances, and you didn't want me at all then. I like someone else now. I really like him. You can't just come here and tell me no." 

Regulus leaned back against a ledge as he gave her an infuriating smirk. "Well, what are you going to do about it?" 

"I'm first going to help Barty, then I'm going to go inside and then I'm going to continue staying away from you. Goodbye, Regulus."