𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Sorry," spluttered Rabastan as he rushed up to her. "Am I late?" 

Rune looked up from her magazine and shook her head. "No, not at all. I just got here." 

"I made an idiotic mistake. I gave Regulus my dressrobes so he could give the elves to wash them. But I forgot you and him have personal vendettas against each other. I don't even want to know what he did with my robes. But anyways, I managed to get this from one of the Ravenclaw's. Is it fine?" 

She studied his midnight blue robes. Whoever they belonged to must have been exactly like him in size because they fit him perfectly. Rather than tying his long flaming red hair out of his face like he usually did, it was neatly slicked back, with a few strands left hanging around his face. 

Rune nodded. "Yeah. You look fine. The robes look expensive." She laughed nervously and reached out to feel the fabric. "Oh, it is expensive." 

"I think it belongs to Mason Bones. My- ah- friend got it from him." 

"Thank them from me." She stood up and twirled around. "How do I look?" 

Though completely boring compared to her other dresses, she had underestimated the one she was wearing. It was cute enough for the little party they were off to. 

"Lovely," he said, with a nod. "You're definitely my prettiest friend." 

"Don't let Regulus hear you, he'll stop being your friend.," she murmured, looking at the boys' dorm. 

"He's coming a bit later. Should we get going?" 

~

Slughorn's office was done up with green and red drapes dangling from the walls. Half-awake Fairy lights danced across the ceiling, flickering and creating a foggy atmosphere. A glance around the room showed that the office was filled with the most influential, intelligent and notable students in the school. 

Students from powerful wizarding families and students who would soon be powerful partied together, dancing and eating from trays which were being passed around by less notable students. 

Rune looked around for familiar faces and lightened up when she found one. 

"Tina!" she called, waving over her friend. They usually sat through the Slug Club meetings together; she hoped they would spend the party together as well. 

As Tina walked over, Rune whispered, "Tina Hughes. We have Arithmancy together. She's a Ravenclaw and she's absolute brilliant!" 

Rabastan mumbled something under his breath that she didn't quite catch. 

"Oh, Rune!" exclaimed Tina excitedly. "You clean up beautifully. I love your hair." 

Rune turned around the give her a full view of the braided twisted knot, before giving her a once over. "You look AMAZING! I love love love the colour." 

"Thank you," replied Tina, a little shyly. 

"Hey!" said Rune, looking between Tina and Rabastan. "Your robes match. It makes me look like I'm third wheeling." 

"Don't be silly," said the Ravenclaw. She turned to Rabastan and held out her hand. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Tina." 

A smile crossed over Rabastan's lips as he took her hand and lifted it to his lips. "Rabastan Lestrange. And the pleasure's all mine." 

"Ew, since when do you do things like that?" laughed Rune. 

"If you mean being charming, then you should know that I'm always charming. And I never charm you because you don't look like you'd be charmed by me," remarked Rabastan.