𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Regulus woke up to the sound of pencil scratching against paper and a string of curses muttered under someone's breath. 

Not someone. Rune. 

He opened his eyes and sleepily shifted into an upright position to where he could see her sitting at her desk, a towel wrapped around her head and their Ancient Runes textbook open before her. 

He ran his fingers through his hair and wiped his eyes before asking, "What are you doing?" 

She jerked around with a scowl. "Shut up! You're messing my train of thought." 

He glanced at the clock on her bedside and groaned. It was Sunday and she was up studying, and it wasn't even 7am yet. 

Regulus dropped back down onto his back and closed his eyes. "Come back to bed. It's too early." 

"Shh," she hissed. "Train of thought." 

"Aren't you supposed to be letting me come first because I'm struggling through this whole debacle of dating you?" 

"For someone who snored so loudly last night and kept trying to cuddle me, it doesn't seem like you're struggling too much." 

At this, he was sitting up straight at once. "I did not try to cuddle you. I have impeccable sleeping habits, mind you." 

"Yeah, so impeccable that you were breathing on my face and drooling in my hair while one arm was wrapped around me like I was your childhood teddy." 

He scoffed. "First of all, I never had a childhood teddy. Second of all, I do not drool. And third of all, you must have been feeling phantom breath because I sleep without shuffling and shifting and would have stayed in my zone." 

She pointed at the towel on her head. "Tell that to my hair which was dripping with your saliva this morning." 

Regulus could do nothing but stare at her with his mouth hanging open. What she was saying was just incredulous and she had the audacity to grin at him and say, "Go back to sleep." 

"I can't now. You've woken me with your lies." 

He untangled himself from the sheets and raked his fingers through his hair multiple times to neaten it out. He slipped into his shoes and as he made his way to the door, she turned to him with a playful smile. 

"What?" he demanded. 

"Oh, nothing." With that, she turned back to her work, the smile still lingering on her lips. 

When nearly two hours later, Regulus barged through her doors, the smile was still on her lips.

"What did you do?!" he insisted, pointing to his eyebrow. 

The day before, just before they could leave the train and she was regrowing his eyebrow hair, she managed to cast an irreversible spell that made his eyebrow purple. The color would fade away eventually and his eyebrow would return to normal, but that process took two months. 

She faked a gasp and clapped her hand over her mouth. "Whoops, my wand must have slipped." 

"It's not going away," he said, marching up to her. "Fix it." 

"Now, Reg, I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know that if you can't fix it, I probably can't. Meaning your eyebrow is pretty much stuck like that for the next two months. Be glad, I chose purple. It really brings out your eyes." 

Before she could react, he had grabbed her wand from the table and swiped it over her eyebrow. 

Her cockiness disappeared at once as she ran to her mirror and let out a horrified shout.