𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖: 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Give it back, Regulus!" whisper yelled Rune as she tried her utmost best to pull the last box of liquorice wands from him. 

"I got it first," he retaliated, holding it high above his head. 

He was far too tall for her to be able to reach it, but she still gripped his shirt and tried to get up as high as she could to grab it. "I saw it first. Give it back!" 

"Give it back, Regulus," sighed Rabastan, apologizing to the trolley lady and the other students who were waiting to buy things. 

"What do you mean give it back?" asked Regulus, as he pushed Rune off of him. "It's mine."

Rune gasped loudly. "I'm a girl! You can't push me!"

Regulus looked down at her and shrugged, "It's the 20th century. I'll push who I want." 

Rabastan heaved a breath before standing up and grabbing the wands out of Regulus' hand. 

"How much is it?" he asked the trolley lady. 

"2 sickles," answered the trolley lady.  

Rabastan handed her 5 and took the box of wands with him back to his seat in the cabin. 

He made no eye contact with either Regulus or Rune as he ripped the box open and took a bite out of all 3 wands in the box. 

"Look at what you did," muttered Rune as she shoved Regulus with her shoulder. 

She turned back to the trolley and whined in sadness when she found that it was already gone. 

When she looked back at Regulus, he shrugged. "Should have just taken something else. Then maybe you could have had a snack." 

"Should have just punched your stupid face!" she spat out angrily at him before spinning on her heel and marching off to sit as far away from him as the train would allow her. 

When Hogwarts Express reached platform nine and three quarters, Rune was immediately joined by Evan. 

"Hiya, Rune," he greeted before throwing a box at her. 

Rune caught it and looked down to see what it was just as he said, "Reg found me inside. He said to give it to you." 

Her eyes scanned the platform until they looked with Regulus', and he lifted his hand and waved at her mockingly. 

"Oh, I see my dad, let's go!" 

As Rune turned to follow behind Evan, she put the box of liquorice wands inside her bag and motioned for Rolo to start moving.

***

Rune was having the best week of her life at The Rosier Estate. 

The house-elf, Hattie, seemed to have blessed hands because every dish eaten was better than the one before. 

Mr. Rosier and Evan had taken her on outings to different parts of England and Scotland during the days, showing her monuments of wizarding history and the Rosier family. She'd even gone to a Winged Horses game for the first time in her life. 

Her favorite part of the Estate was the library by far. It was paralleled only by Hogwarts Library. She had never seen so many novels and encyclopedias and biographies in one place. It was her very own Christmas miracle to even be in it.

During the hours when Evan would disappear unannounced, she'd spend her time in the library. Mr. Rosier even had Hattie come up every hour with refreshments.