𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Regulus had just shut his eyes for the night when he felt someone appear at the foot of his bed. He didn't have to open his eyes to know who it was.

"How can I help you, Rabastan?"

"Rosier had been bouncing around saying some interesting stuff," claimed Rabastan, and Regulus could practically hear the laughter in his voice.

"Uh huh? Like what?"

"You're hooking up with Rune?"

Regulus folded his arms over his stomach. "Yeah."

From the silence of his best friend, he knew Rabastan didn't fall for it.

"What are you doing, Reg?"

"I'm going to take Rune Westwood on a date this weekend." He sat up just enough to see his friend standing over him.

Rabastan stared at him and said, "I don't know what you two are doing, but you're going to fall in love with her."

Before he could properly finish, Regulus had sent his pillow flying at his head.

"Don't make me laugh, Rab. It's Rune! It's just a little bit of fun."

Rabastan threw the pillow back at Regulus as he shook his head. "Exactly, Reggie. It's Rune."

Regulus lay back down on the bed. "I'll be fine."

"Sleep well, Reg. I'll wake you up early tomorrow so we can find you an outfit for your hot Valentines Day date," snickered Rabastan.

"Piss off, Rab." Regulus would have sent another pillow flying at him if he hadn't scurried out of the room in time.

***

Rune had never been on a date before.

She realized too late that she was wasting her first one on a date that wasn't even real.

The thought had kept her up for too long the night before and she wanted to scream when she saw the dark circles under her eyes that morning.

But the thing that made her want to scream the most was that her first (and possibly only) date in the world was with Regulus Black.

The one person she'd sworn enmity to.

The thought kept ringing in the back of her mind as she was getting ready.

She was wearing makeup- for Regulus Black.

Doing her hair- for Regulus Black.

Picking her best outfit- for Regulus Black.

If she had to meet herself from a month ago and find this out about herself, she would have probably died from asphyxiation caused by laughing at herself.

That would have meant her death was also for Regulus Black.

"Stop!" she said aloud, while pointing at herself in the mirror. "Stop it, Rune. It's for yourself. Not him!"

Sure, her mind replied, mocking her.

"Unbelievable," she said, hitting her forehead with her eyelash curler. "You're sabotaging yourself, Rune."

She stood up and did a quick twirl to check herself in the mirror.

She was wearing patterned flared bottoms with a pink sweater. Her hair sat in loose curls and were pushed out of her face with a cutesy heart headband.