𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"GOOD EVENING HOGWARTS!" boomed Jason Greyjug, his voice echoing across the Hogwarts Quidditch grounds. 

"It's 9 in the morning—" said Professor McGonagall from his side, but he paid no attention.

"Welcome to the 1977 Hogwarts Quidditch Final! Today, it's Slytherin versus Ravenclaaaaww!" 

Rune would have joined in on the excited cheering had her eyes not been focused on Regulus who was hanging a few centimeters away from her shamelessly flirting with another girl in their year, Lila Score. 

He was so close to her that she could hear what he was saying. It made her sick. 

Regulus' eyes flitted to hers and she immediately diverted her gaze to the grounds. Stupid Regulus. Stupid feelings. 

When a few seconds passed, she turned her gaze back to him and immediately regretted it when she found him already looking at her. 

All she managed to do was muster up a dirty look before he tilted his head at her and swiveled to fly away.

"Now for a terrible joke that Fabian Prewett wants me to share with all of you. What do you call a sick quaffle? And the balls are released, and the players are off! Slytherin chaser, Alastair Travers in possession! I heard from secret societies around Hogwarts that his girlfriend cheated on him. We'll forgive you for bad play, pal—AHHHH!"

Both Jason Greyjug and Professor McGonagall had to duck as a Quaffle went flying right at them. 

"Foul play for the starters," shouted Jason as he steadied himself. "As expected from the Green's. If anyone wants to know the answer to the joke, it's a cough-le."

Despite herself, Rune laughed at the joke. 

"Can I sit here?" asked Rabastan, and before she could answer, he pushed himself into the seat.

"Why are you late?"

He pointed at the Ravenclaw stands and Rune looked until she spotted Tina weaving her way through the stands in a desperate attempt to reach her friends. Rune sighed as she smiled and said, "Hmm, I see." 

Rabastan dug into his coat for snacks and pulled out a plastic packet brimming with popcorn. "Who's playing better?"

"Ravenclaw," answered Rune just as Mason went whizzing past them and scored.

"How's he playing?" 

Rune looked up to precisely where Regulus hung in the air and searching for the fluttering wings of the snitch. He surveyed the surroundings panoramically and as always, his eyes locked with Rune's. 

He might have continued staring had the Ravenclaw seeker not just tumbled before him grabbing for that streak of gold that only narrowly escaped his fingers. 

"Maybe if Regulus Black spent less time admiring the lovely lady on the Slytherin stands, he'd have seen the snitch that went right past his eyes. But it seems Rowena Ravenclaw's light is shining through, and he thankfully missed it. We're all rooting for Ravenclaw to win."

"Greyjug!" warned Professor McGonagall. "We do not put our personal feelings into commentary!"

"If I didn't put my personal feelings into it, Professor, there would be no purpose for commentary at all. I'd just be saying what everyone is already seeing." He dropped his voice by a pitch and added on, "Ravenclaw better score 10 goals because I bet 20 galleons on each one. I'm talking to you Bones and Zahava Fawley-who dumped my boy Jermaine yesterday. And yes, Rowan, we all saw your broomstick jerk. And I am talking about the one outside your pants."