𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Rune's eyes opened at the stream of sunshine flowing into her room. It took her a whopping three seconds to realize that the last thing she remembered before falling asleep was Regulus Black drawing her. 

She sat up immediately and found her room empty.

Since she was well tangled up in her sheets, it meant only one thing. 

Regulus had tucked her in. 

She clapped her hand to her forehead in distress when she caught sight of a folded sheet of paper, with a note scribbled on the folded part. 

*****

Good morning, blondie :) 

Since you fell asleep, I took the liberty of taking the book myself when I finished the drawing. 

I hope you like it. 

I think, I managed to perfectly encapsulate how beautiful you are.

See you in Arithmancy. 

Yours truly and dearly, 

R.A.B

*****

The slight fluttering that had entered her stomach when he called her beautiful disappeared as soon as she unfolded the piece of paper to expose the drawing. 

A horrified gasp fell from her mouth at the horrific depiction of herself. 

Regulus had managed to capture the essence of her four-poster canopy bed and the wall behind her with the same intricacy and perfection as he had the unpleasant sleeping form of her. 

Her arms and legs were bent in inhumanly positions and her hair was splayed around like she had just touched an electric fence. 

She placed a fist over her mouth as she saw the way he had drew her mouth, hanging open. And had to physically tug at her hair when she saw the line of drool, he'd added in falling from it. 

If the drawing had managed to look that horrendous, she shuddered to imagine what he must have seen in person. 

Rune flopped down on her bed and pulled the blankets over her head. 

That was it. She was hibernating and never leaving her room again. 

Except, she had too. 

Because barely a half hour later, she burst into the Arithmancy classroom. 

She tried her best to sneak to her desk silently, but Professor Wenlock stopped mid-teaching to say, "Late again, Miss Westwood. I'll take 5 points from Slytherin." 

She murmured an apology before pulling out her chair and sitting down next to Tina. 

"Hey," she greeted as she placed her workbook on the notes and glanced up at the board. Introduction to cryptography

She glanced to the side where Regulus was sitting. There were only a few students who chose Arithmancy as an elective, and since the classroom was small, he was close to her.

As if sensing her gaze, he turned to look at her over his shoulder. Instantly, his lips twitched. 

She knew he was trying to keep himself from laughing. She knew his horrendous drawing of her was of great pride for him.