6 :: mission

| Tiara's point of view

Body frozen, your eyes remained fixed on Demian's body that laid on the floor, your shaking hands dropping the syringe next to him.

"Get your act together Tiara!" you mentally slapped yourself, "You did the right thing." you sighed, trying to reassure yourself.

You wiped off the sweat that had formed on your palms and made a mental note of what you should do next. The CEO of the hospital might not believe your words, since Demian was like his puppet, always doing whatever he wanted, praising him as the best director of the hospital and other lies.

It's not that you didn't like the ceo, but you really didn't like him. He wasn't as interested in the staff's work life as a good ceo should be. Maybe it was the age that made him forget about details like this, but this little mistake of his led to bigger inconveniences, one of them being what has happened to you just now.

But let's just think positively, right? He'll listen to you and believe you. But what if Demian accuses you of assault, showing the proof that you put him under anesthesia? He wouldn't dare.

But he has proof and you don't.

The hundred possible turn outs of this situation confused your mind even more and without noticing, you found yourself standing right before the CEO's office doors. Oh crap.

Should you just turn around and go? Maybe Demian will forget about this.

But you won't, he freaking assaulted you.

Having made up your mind, you raised your hand up in the air, getting ready to knock when suddenly the big door opened, revealing a young lady who was holding some files.

"Oh my god," she took a sharp breath in, getting a better grip of the files. "You scared me," she murmured,

"I'm so sorry, I needed to talk to Mr. Kim," you spoke, drawing a smile of guilt on your face.

"He won't come to work for a few days," she said, not showing any sign of emotion.

"Why? Can I know who you are?" you politely asked, knowing that none of the workers were announced about Mr. Kim's sudden absence.

"I'm his assistant. His son called in saying his father had an important meeting today, and he won't be available for a few days," she told you, closing the door behind her. "If you have a urgency, please fill a paper and give it to me, I'll pass the paper to him as soon as he's done with his schedule."

You looked at her, doubting whether you should wait to talk to him in person or just write everything down. But what if the circumstances make him take more days off? What if Demian gets to him first? You need to explain what happened clearly, without any stutters, and that will be possible only if ypu wrote it on paper.

"Give me 10 minutes, I'll fill a paper as quickly as I can," you told her, your words being followed by a nod of her head.

| Present moment

You still haven't received any calls from Mr. Kim's secretary or even Mr. Kim himself.

Shit.

Maybe he's still busy, not even a day has passed since you talked to his assistant. Does that mean you should wait for his response? Because, you, for sure, won't risk and go to work with a very high chance of meeting a super angry Demian who's ready to fire you in one second.

That's right, you should just have this day off and rest after all the things that have happened in the last 24 hours.

The mysterious stranger. Your mind wandered back to the man you met yesterday, so many questions about yesterday night wanting to get answered to. Yet you didn't even know his name.

Why? You don't remember.
It's the damn alcohol, why does it erase your memories? "I need to study neuroscience." you mentally noted as you slowly stood up, not wanting to worsen your headache.

| Jungkook's point of view; the night of the meeting

He knew he shouldn't have let himself strike up a conversation with you and let you fall into his trap, because now, as you're drying your wet clothed body, he doesn't know if he can get enough just by watching you.

"Aren't you getting out?" you asked, drying your hair with a towel, watching him observe you from the pool.

"I'd rather watch you from here," he smiled, looking at the delicate blush that spread over your cheeks. You then looked at him, gazing into his eyes as if you wanted to know the truth behind them, was he being sincere with you or were you just another one?

As ye wanted to speak up again, he heard my phone buzz. The sound, though, wasn't the one he usually gets on his personal device. That's exactly how he knows this was something work related, thus really important.

He got out of the pool, avoiding to look suspicious and make you worry. "Was that your phone?" was all you asked as your eyes were glued onto his figure.

"Yeah, I'll be right back," he nodded his head before he went out of the room, leaving you all alone.

Text message from 'Hwang' "Call me. There's an update on your task."

He gritted his teeth, not believing he'd have to ruin this night just to fulfill another meaningless mission. It's not that it didn't have an importance worth a good amount of money, it's just that he's become numb to the feeling. He doesn't react to it as he used to, forcing himself to believe that this is normal. And now, he really doesn't see anything bad in it as long as the bad guys are being punished.

All his life he's known them for being the ones who were never caught red-handed which made them want more destruction and even more money. But now, as Mr. Hwang has always said, he is the one that helps this society get rid of them.

But is ye really?

As the latter question lingered in his mind, he pressed the call button, waiting for him to pick up.

"Took you long enough," the words echoed into the phone as soon as Mr. Hwang answered the call. "There's new information being delivered to us about the drug dealer, I need you to take care of him," he spoke with a stern voice, emphasizing how important this was.

"What do I need to do?"

"Our client doesn't need from us any proof of the counterfeit medication the aim has been selling, he just needs him killed, that's all." Mr. Hwang spoke with no filter, knowing there was no chance of the phone call being registered, as they were using special devices. "I'll send you the address, keep in mind that our aim will have a business meeting, so you should be alert if you don't want to be caught,"

"You know I'm the best," he said, knowing that no mistakes were allowed.

"That I do," he laughed, appreciating how trustworthy he sounded.

"By the way, what's my victim's name?" he asked out of habit, wanting, for some reason, to remember every victim's name.

No, not because he was proud of what he did, nor because he would pray for their souls or some other reason. He just needed to remind himself of who he is and who he does this for.

The former, a monster. The latter - my mom.

"Kim Hyunjung, he's some sort of a hospital director I believe."