28 :: did I just kill someone?

The harsh sound of the rain hitting the ground, the loud honk coming from the vehicle going at full speed right into Jungkook's motorcycle messed his judgement, a moment of turmoil making Jungkook falter for a second.

He looked to his right, eyeing Demian's car for the last time before he looked back at the van that was coming right his way, the slippery road making it harder to prevent the hit.

His eyes kept going between the two vehicles, the need to make a choice between keeping following Demian and saving his life giving him an even harder time.

Biting hard on his lip, he turned the motorcycle as hard as he could, the slippery road causing the wheels to spin, the harsh marks of the wheels leaving their trace on the ground.

When the motorcycle hit the ground, Jungkook had already fallen head hard on the concrete, the rough fall leaving his entire body fractured.

[...]

Seconds after the accident, the van stalled, the driver of the van jumping out of his car, panic and fear written all over his face.

Demian had also stopped driving, his heart beating as if it would jump out of his chest in any second.

Though, he didn't dare step out of his car.

"Oh my god, did I just kill someone?" the driver of the van cried out, his entire body getting soaked in the cold storm. "Please, don't tell me I did this," he begged, running towards the place Jungkook laid lifelessly on.

When the driver approached him, his eyes noticed a puddle of blood around Jungkook's head, the sight of the blood making him feel weak in the knees.

The driver fell down on his knees, his hands shaking too hard to even try and help Jungkook. "Please buddy, be alive," he cried out helplessly, looking around to see if there were any cars near.

When he saw Demian's car not far away, a spark of hope bloomed inside his heart. "Hey you!" he shouted as loud as he could, tears running down his face. "Call the ambulance, NOW!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, the deafening sound making Jungkook wake up from the fainting fit.

When the driver noticed Jungkook slowly opening his eyes, he almost passed out himself. He couldn't believe his eyes, did this guy just wake up from something so deathly?

"What happened?" Jungkook spoke with a hoarse voice, his hand raising up to touch the weird sensation he felt on one side of his head. When his hand sensed something wet, his eyes shot open, the sudden realization of what had just happened making him remember what and who he was there for.

"I can't stay here anymore," he tried saying, but the man couldn't decipher what he had just said.

Jungkook slowly stood up, eyes searching for his motorcycle. He felt like the earth beneath his feet was crumbling, the throbbing pain coming from his head making him close his eyes tightly and clench his jaw in order to make the pain more bearable.

"I don't think your head is okay, man," the driver also stood up, worried about the stranger's condition.

"I'm alright," Jungkook tried walking but almost fell again on the ground, the driver coming quickly to his side to support his weight.

"You're not, you might pass out in any second," the driver's voice trembled, feeling hellishly guilty for the things that happened to the poor guy that had blood dripping from his head.

"I can't pass out," Jungkook pushed the man away, but with the little strentgh left in him the man didn't bulge at all. "Help me bring my motorcycle, I need to go after that car," Jungkook pointed to Demian's car, and Demian saw that.

He was watching the entire scene unfold in front of his eyes, knowing damn well the accident happened because of him. He knew Jungkook was chasing after him and the reason for that was the person that laid unconscious on the backseat.

Demian started the car, sensing that the chase might continue. But how was it possible? How did that man survive that strong of a fall?

"You are insane," the driver cried out, feeling the anxiety rush through his heart.

"I'm going to fucking shoot you right here if you don't man up right in this moment, I'm the one with an open skull, not you," Jungkook spat with everything he had left in that body of his, his muscles giving up on him.

The driver shot his mouth, not daring to anger the man even more. He felt like he owed him at least this, after he almost killed him.

"Get in the car, we'll go after them with my car."