34 :: he needs you

"Your girl..." he spoke up, scanning Jungkook's face for any signs of protest. "The girl you saved...isn't she working in a hospital?"

The question floated in the air, laying a bitter silence that engulfed Jungkook's mind for a few short yet seconds.

"No." was all he said, eyes staring into the void, his empty eyes reflecting the deserted feeling that overtook the space beneath his ribs, right between his lungs. His heart?

"No? What do you mean no?" Thomas insisted, baffled by Jungkook's ignorance. His voice seemingly brought Jungkook back to his senses, hence he suddenly coughed, a harsh sound echoing through the wooden walls of the cabin.

"Ugh." Thomas rubbed his eyes, turning away from the injured boy. "Fine, then sit there and heal on your own." he exclaimed before he stormed out of the cabin, leaving Jungkook all alone. Jungkook's eyes followed Thomas's figure through the window, watching as the man climbed in his van and drove off. Actually drove off.

"Are you really surprised?" Jungkook wiped his mouth, staining his sleeve with what seemed like blood. "You should be used it to it by now.." he chuckled to himself, looking up at the ceiling. "You should.. be used.. to getting abandoned." he dragged out the words, almost as if he tried understanding and feeling the depth and truth of every single word.

It hit him hard the moment he realized that this was really his reality. Always getting abandoned and left dying, no matter if it's by a stranger, enemies or even his own mother. It didn't make a difference whether people knew who he was, a killer or not, he was never worth saving.

It was true. It was the truth he had always lived.

Feeling a strange yet tickly sensation on his cheek, he brought his index finger closer. Touching it, he quickly wiped it off, as if trying to get rid of the evidence of a murder.

It was just a tear. But it was the evidence of his vulnerability, the existence of his feelings.

[...]

Soft music played in the background, the relaxing sound having lulled you into a light slumber, the time flying by without you noticing it. But Taehyung did. He felt and lived each second, almost as if he sensed this moment will never repeat itself in the future. His eyes never left your figure, always stealing glances at you to check if you've woken up or caught him red-handed.

He traced your soft features with his gaze, admiring the way your cheeks looked so much puffier than usual, their roundness pressing against the window whilst your long lashes curled beautifully right above them.

He returned his gaze on the road, realizing he was too caught up in the moment to realize he had to turn left at the last crossroad. "Guess our ride will be a little longer than what it was supposed to be," his voice was barely above a whisper, Taehyung trying his best to let you rest peacefully in his car.

Changing the route, he decided he might just risk it and spend a little more time with you. After all, he's the boss, isn't he?

Fishing out his phone from his pocket, he dialed his secretary, informing her about his day off. "Mr. Taehyung," she called out to him before Taehyung could hang up. "Something else?" he muttered lowly, one hand holding his cellphone while the other swiftly turned the steering wheel.

"Mr. Choi called. He said to call him back as soon as possible." Taehyung listened carefully, but his ears perked up at the sound of you fidgeting in your sleep. "I will, now I have to end the call." and with that he hung up, head turning in your direction.