27 :: Jungkook's mistake

"Hi," you spoke, wanting to introduce yourself to the new friend of Demian.

Silence.

Maybe his friend didn't hear you.
When you tried speaking up again, the man abruptly stood up and walked away without saying anything else.

[...]

As Jungkook walked away from the bar area, from you, his fists were painfully tightened, the feeling of being powerless in that situation making him suffocate.

He didn't like backing off from something he had started and he was used to finishing his business, but the thing was, you weren't part of his business.

Maybe he felt obliged to you after you helped him out that night, he owed you one and he chose to return the favor by simply drifting away from you. 

Because having someone like him in your life meant no good and he knew that.

These thoughts stole Jungkook's notion of time when he realized he was already in front of his boss's office.

Without knocking, he wanted to open the door, but something else caught his attention.

"He almost got caught, boss," a man's voice was heard through the door, making Jungkook hesitate to enter the office.

"What do you mean?" Hwang's voice showed indifference until the other man in the room mentioned his name.

"Jungkook. He almost fucked this mission over." the voice unknown to Jungkook spoke, making him stop breathing for a second.

Was there a mole who spied on him? Who could it be and why?

"You know you can get yourself killed if you throw words like these around without no proof, right?" Hwang's tone became more threatening. "You shouldn't doubt one of our best men."

Jungkook took a step back, impressed by the sudden confession of his boss. He knew the conversation was getting to an end when no other words were spoken on the other side of the door so he decided to leave before he got caught.

But now Jungkook knew 2 things he probably wasn't supposed to know.

1. His boss hadn't lost his trust in him.

2. There was a mole.

[...]

After you blacked out, Demian put your arm around his shoulders, making it look like you were too drunk to walk on your own.

"Let's get you somewhere better," He whispered in your ear, looking around to check if anyone was suspicious of him.

But that was one of his biggest mistakes because this was a common thing done by the people who felt or were guilty.

And Jungkook knew that.

He was taught not to do this in order to avoid suspicious stares.

"This doesn't feel right," he muttered under his breath, knowing that following the 2 of you would mean he would cross the lines again, when he clearly promised himself not to.

But if he didn't, what would happen?

The mere thought of something ever happening to you making him clench his jaw tightly, a strange sensation settling in the pit of his stomach.

He kept his distance from you and Demian, making sure the man didn't notice his presence.

Jungkook didn't want to cause yet another scene inside the club, understanding that in the middle of this you could get hurt. And he didn't want his boss to know about you either.