26 :: so he walked away

Jungkook looked down at his drink before he gulped it down his throat, preparing himself to leave.

As if the man sensed it, he quickly added "I'm Demian, by the way. Max Demian."

Jungkook got up from his seat ready to walk away from there, nodding his head in acknowledgement, the least he could do as a sign of slight politeness.

"To be honest, I did expect you to tell me your name bud," Demian smiled amusedly, the light effect of the alcohol he had consumed before, making its effect on him.

Jungkook didn't mean to talk further with him, but when he heard a specific voice call out the annoying persona next to him he couldn't help but stop in his tracks, back facing the two of them.

"Demian?" you appeared out of nowhere, making Demian turn around with a rather amazed expression on his face.

Jungkook looked with the corner of his eye to the side, trying to capture you in his frame of view.

"You should have waited for me." Demian replied with a bittersweet undertone to his voice, making Jungkook grow interested in what your relationship was with this man.

"I saw you were here with..." you stopped, suddenly remembering the reason you came here for. "him." you pointed at the broad shoulders that were facing you, the man they belonged to not daring to turn around.

"Hi," you continued, wanting to introduce your weirdly dizzy self to the new friend of Demian.

Jungkook froze the moment he heard you adress him, not knowing if this was the right moment to remind you of him and what you two had shared.

Or maybe he didn't want to remind himself of you, knowing how hard it was to get you, your face, your voice out of his head.

He didn't want you to see him in the light the others have witnessed him minutes before. He wanted it to be different.

But could it ever be different?

So he walked away.

『••✎••』

"What was that?" you looked at the stranger that was becoming smaller and smaller in your vision until he dissappeared completely from your eyesight.

"Don't even ask me." Demian laughed it off, even though he found it strange himself.

He paid for the drinks, securely wrapping his arm around your waist.

"What do you think you're doing?" you asked, Demian becoming smaller in your vision too, just like the stranger from before.

But the difference was that the stranger indeed walked away, but Demian wasn't moving at all.

"What's wrong with me?" you whispered, feeling like you lost control over your voice, your body becoming weaker by each passing second.

"Shh-shh, you drank too much dear," He smiled, with one hand caressing your cheek.

You wanted to fight it, but you couldn't. Your body was starting to fall into a deep slumber and it felt like it was being forced on you.

You put something in my drink  you wanted to say but your body gave up on you before you managed to voice it out loud.

"Sleep, love, sleep. It's time to learn a precious lesson." he smiled, looking at your sleeping face.

| Earlier today

"What do you need the keys for?" Ayla asked, finding Dr. Demian's behavior a little.. suspicious.

"I need to take some medicine for the emergency room, do you expect them to treat patients with a magic wand?" He joked, wanting to ease the mood because he knew she wasn't quite buying his story.

"That's my job. Give me the list and I'll bring everything that's needed downstairs." Ayla smiled, motioning the doctor to leave the room as she wanted to get her lunch with the other colleagues.

"Go get your lunch and I'll take care of it, thankfully I know a thing or two about pills." He smiled, hoping she'll let it slide this time.

"Fine. But don't forget to give me my keys back." She patted his arm before she left the room, the hunger beating everything else.

"Good." Demian smiled, finally having the supply room to himself.

He unlocked the door, carefully closing it after him. He went to the anesthesia department, before searching for a medium strong sedative.

When he found it, he swiftly hid it inside his pocket, making sure the security camera didn't capture this angle.

After he left the supply room, locking it back to how it was before, Ayla ran into him, making him almost lose his balance.

"Oh pardon, I didn't see you." she looked him up and down, remembering  their conversation from minutes ago. "Wait did you get everything that quickly?" she raised her eyebrows, noticing the absence of any medical supply in Demian's hands.

"An emergency came up so I gotta go, I believe it's your job and you'll do it after lunch. Bon appétit!" He gave her the keys back, almost running off from the scene.

"Nailed it." he whispered to himself, enjoying the process of what he had planned.

『••✎••』

wahhh thank you guys for 28k reads😊🌷 spoiling you with new chapters while i'm still on break 😌 so make sure to be active hehe 😸💟