20 :: feisty

Plopping down on the couch, your head involuntarily leaned onto Mara's shoulder, the exhaustion from today making it harder for you to stay awake.

"Are you sleeping?" Mara yawned, changing into a more comfortable position.

"I am not." you mumbled, mentally debating whether you should sleep in the hospital overnight or go home. But walking in the cold wasn't part of your plan either.

You shifted on the couch, the screen of your watch making you open your eyes. "Not now," you cried out, remembering the promise you made about meeting Demian at 9pm.

"What's wrong?" your friend, and fellow colleague, yawned again, probably annoyed with the fact that she wasn't able to finally get some sleep after the chaos that happened in the emergency room today.

"Nothing, go to sleep," you lifted your ass off the couch, hating everyone and everything at the moment, more specifically Demian and his stubborn self.

God, couldn't he just apologize and move on? Now you have to reach a compromise with him just so he would stop making more trouble for you and your boss.

Just the thought of Mr. Taehyung who's going through so much pressure now because of his ill father and his new position in the hospital makes you want to slap yourself for being so immature and creating more drama.

You should've kept your mouth shut.

With the regret of ever speaking up about this, you walked up to Demian's office, your hand freezing after touching the doorknob, flashbacks from that day being displayed in your mind.

For a bare second the idea of running away in that moment occupied most of your thoughts, but who were you trying to fool? Running away from this won't solve anything.

Taking a deep breath in, you opened the door, revealing Demian who was just about to open the door himself.
"What a nice surprise," he smirked, visibly pleased to see you there.

"You wanted to talk." you spoke, looking him up and down. He was wearing his coat, ready to go home.

Wasn't he the one who suggested talking tonight?

"Yes, you're very correct." He tugged at his tie, motioning you to get out of the way so he could shut the door close. "But I never said I wanted to talk here," he smiled, liking the annoyance written over your face.

"You literally did." you furrowed your brows, amazed with the fact that you actually believed he wanted to talk like civilized people without any manipulation involved.

"Sweetheart, there's a difference between talking in my office and meeting me here," he winked, making you scowl. "Now go get your coat, we need to go somewhere else."

"I won't step outside of this hospital with you, I hope you know that." you crossed your arms, sounding as serious as you could.

But he laughed.

He never took you seriously. Not even once.

"That's cute." He caressed your cheek, the feeling of his hand on your skin making you feel goosebumps along with disgust. Slapping his hand off as hard as you could, you tried your best not to jump him right then and there. You didn't have your manicure ready just for nothing. He needed some scratches on that  face.

"Don't you dare." you hissed, resisting the urge to just walk away and let him do whatever shitty plan he had in mind from the beginning.

But you couldn't.

For some reason, you were too embarrassed to let Taehyung know about another one of your fails.

Mr. Taehyung, you meant.

You should learn to call him formally from now on. You didn't switch to friendly terms and you certainly weren't friends either.

"If I were you, I wouldn't be so feisty Tiara." He reached out again to caress your cheek, this time not having you fight against it. "You know damn well what I'm capable of doing, so you better act smart and cooperate," he smiled, as if what he had just said was sweet compliments. "I will be waiting for you outside."

And with that he walked off, leaving you alone in front of his office.

Great! Now you didn't know where he was going to take you and you couldn't protest either because he wasn't even there anymore.

Accepting your fate, you walked back to the nurses office, tiptoeing inside, careful not to wake Mara up. You put on your coat, not even glancing in the mirror to check whether you looked decent or not. Well what was to expect? To look amazing after such an exhausting, energy-vacuuming day?

Saying your goodbye to your favorite security guard, you walked out of the hospital, meeting Demian right at the entrance of the hospital.

"Where are you taking me?" you asked, the wind messing with your hair.

He didn't answer you, but instead inched closer to you, brushing your hair away from your face. "You know, ever since I met you, I've taken a liking for this kind of weather." He whispered, putting a strand of your long hair behind your ear.

Utterly confused with his sudden statement, you waited for him to continue.

"Wanna know why?" he chuckled, looking weirdly deeply into your eyes. "Because I was always there to do this," he exposed the side of your neck by brushing your hair aside. "The wind always blocked my way," he chuckled, stepping even closer to you. "But that's what made me love it even more." and with that he closed the distance between you, his lips being inches away from your face.

Not even letting you react, he attached his lips onto your skin, making you stumble as you were too shocked to even comprehend his actions.

But little did you know, there was someone watching you.

『••✎••』

Who do you think was watching her?👀