36 :: revelation

After the phone conversation, you couldn't hear anything besides the loud thumping of your heart. You could swear it echoed through the car and Taehyung most likely heard it too.

"Can you tell me what happened?" keeping his eyes on the road, Taehyung asked, one of his hands typing in the address on the gps.

"I'm not sure I can," you whispered, your hands reaching to your face to wipe the tears that dried off. You hated the feeling of tears, the red tracks they leave behind, marking the skin with a bruised tone.
Without thinking too much, you rubbed your face in frustration, trying to erase the red stains on your cheeks.

The sudden skinship you felt abruptly stopped your hands. "Don't do that." Taehyung whispered and your eyes fell down to his arm then to his hand that tightly held your wrist. "You don't have to hide your tears from me," he looked inside your eyes, the glint in his eyes comforting you in a way you didn't know you needed.

"I'm sorry, it's so stupid that I'm crying but I just..." you choked out, feeling guilt taking the best of you. It overwhelmed you. "I am the one to blame for what happened to my friend," you confessed, the words so heavy yet so small under your voice that you were sure Taehyung didn't catch it.

Taehyung remained silent, not wanting to hurt you even more by asking painful questions. Yet he wasn't naive, he connected the accident that occurred earlier to your friend that needed help and the fact that you blamed yourself for it.

His eyes shifted back to you, his gaze cascading over your features, the fond look on his face pointing out what the both of you were oblivious to.
The feelings that started to bloom inside his heart.
For you.

[...]

"Do you need me there?" Taehyung asked as he turned off the engine.

"No." and with that you stormed off to the wooden cabin, its exterior foreshadowing what awaited you inside. 

The goosebumps rose on your skin and your blood run cold the moment you opened the door to the cabin, the silence being too loud.

Is he there?
Your eyes searched the room until they caught the frame of a familiar figure that laid on the floor. You gasped.

"Jungkook, I'm here." You cried out.

Hearing your voice call out his name, Jungkook felt his heart drop to his stomach, a feeling of fear tugging at his heart. He did now want you there, risking your safety for him. And he hated to admit it, but truth is, he needed you there. And he hated the fact that he needed you. With his entire heart.

"You shouldn't be here." his words were like venom to you and your heart shattered at the sight of him on the verge of losing consciousness.

"This is exactly where I should be." You dropped to your knees, eyes looking for the injured area.

Biting his lip hard and fighting the urge to confront you for being here, he spoke: "Here." his hand motioned to his ab area, trying to lift his shirt up.

You immediately caught it and helped him reveal his wound. "Oh my god," you whispered. "You need professional stitching, Jungkook, we can't do it here." You attempted to stand up but a hand stopped you.

"You can, Tiara. You can do it here." And with that, his head fell to the floor, his grip on your arm loosening.

He lost his consciousness.

Panic filled your lungs, the feeling of not being able to breathe catching you off guard.
You violently stood up, going after Taehyung. You needed help.

When you opened the door, you were met with Taehyung's figure, the sudden appearance making you take a step back.

"I thought you might need a little help," he explained, his eyes roaming around the room.

"My friend, he's bleeding," you spoke, motioning to Jungkook who was unconscious on the floor. "He needs to be stitched up."

Taehyung didn't need more explaining as he quickly ran to his car, getting the first aid kit he always kept in his trunk.

Meanwhile, you looked for anything sharp that could help cut Jungkook's shirt. When your eyes caught the glimpse of the scissors left on the floor, you quickly took them into your hands and dropped to your knees next to Jungkook's body. "Taehyung needs to hurry up."

Speaking of the devil.

Taehyung bolted through the front door, taking off his suit jacket. "Desinfect the injury," he threw the bottle which you caught swiftly.

Taehyung, out of instinct, looked at the injury firstly, then his eyes went up to the patient's face and that's what caught him off guard.

Jungkook's face was oddly familiar.
Where could he have seen it?

Looking at it more intently,  Jungkook's features slowly transformed into a familiar picture Taehyung has recently seen on Wooshik's computer.

It's the picture identified by the photorobot.

It's the same man who killed Taehyung's father.

[...]
TO BE CONTINUED

[...]

I cannot believe I finally got to update😩🤍 you guys... I know I've kept you waiting but FINALLY I graduated school and I got the overall grade for my graduation exams 9,75 out of 10✨ I know I could've done a better job but I'm still proud😊

Can you guess which field I want to go into?🤭🤭

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter after the long wait🥹🫶🏼
I missed you guys greatly🩷🩷🩷🩷