14 :: for now

『••✎••』

"How's it going?" Taehyung asked as the guy his family's lawyer has hired was opening his laptop.

"I've got little to no information, sir," as soon as the glasses guy spoke, Taehyung sighed, not liking the beginning of this conversation.

"Right now I'm working with the CCTV footage around the area and I must say he knows his work well because he was very tactical, he never appeared in front of the cameras," he said, continuing to type on his keyboard.

"But that doesn't mean he never slipped?" Taehyung chuckled, the other man humming in agreement.

『••✎••』

After Jungkook left the building, you brushed off any not-work-related thoughts, focusing on the bigger problems that await you in Mr. Kim's office. "Let's finally settle this matter." you sighed, walking out of the office and making your way towards the new ceo's office.

You hoped Demian didn't beat you to it, you should be the one to tell the story first.

When you found yourself standing in front of his office, you took a deep breath in before you knocked on the door. After hearing a "Enter!", you did as told, mentally preparing yourself for what he could say to you. Or shout at you.

"Mr. Kim I-" you tried speaking up first, but you both decided to speak up at the same time.

"I've been looking for you." He said at the same time as you, stopping to look up at you.

After you both fell silent, he understood that you were waiting for him to continue, since he's the boss and all that. "Yesterday was hectic so I couldn't take care of your papers, but that doesn't mean I forgot." He stood up, walking over to a small bureau and taking some papers out of it. "Tiara Bay?" he questioned, reading the name that was written in black ink on the paper.

"Oh, yes," you nodded, watching the way his eyes quickly scanned the paper.

"Oh," was all he said as he sat back on his leather chair, still reading your messy handwriting.

You were rushed, okay?!

"Mr. Kim, I can explain! I had no other choice but to do that, I couldn't let-" you tried saying, but he lifted his hand up in the air, telling you to slow down.

"Miss Tiara, what you did is really.. illegal." he stated, before he let out a deep sigh. "But what I do not understand is why would you report it to me when you're the one who could take the more severe punishment." He looked you straight into the eyes, trying to understand where you were coming from.

"Because I'm also a victim here!" The tonality of your voice rose without your intention. "I get that what I did wasn't reasonable, but it was the only way of protecting myself from getting assaulted!" you reasoned, before you continued. "What if he assaults other helpless women?!"

"I assure you, that won't happen in my hospital." he sounded convincing, almost.

"But it did. It happened to me."

"I am not acquainted with the employees here, but from what I've noticed yesterday, during my announcement as the new ceo, I could tell you were indeed close with the person you're accusing of assault."

Did he really try to reason it out? Did he he think that if that bastard talked to you, it meant you were friends?

Wait.

How did he even notice that? Was he looking at you?

"Do you really think that makes up for it? Us talking?" you asked, not understanding why he even pointed that out.

"It doesn't, of course." He nodded. "But I could only assume there's something more you're not telling me about."

He wouldn't possibly know you were in a relationship with Demian, would he?

As you were caught up in the memory of that day, he cleared his throat, noticing my uneasiness.

"Since I only know your side of the story, I need to listen to him too, to be fair with the both of you." he spoke, making you look at him. "But I assure you, he will pay for his actions, you shouldn't worry about that."

"Thank you.. for your time." you thanked him before you stood up and made your way towards the door.

You could feel his eyes on your back, as if he wanted you to turn around and tell him everything that happened. As if he sensed you hid one tiny detail from him.

But of course, you didn't do that. You should just be thankful Demian will pay for what he did and you won't have to suffer the consequences.

"One more thing," he voiced out before you could leave. "I advise you to not tell anyone about this matter, so it won't make things worse."

"Things worse for who?" you debated whether you should say that or not, but you couldn't help but ask. "For the reputation of this hospital?"

He chuckled, a deep chuckle that intimidated you and made you feel small under his gaze. "Oh no, not at all," he trailed off, his eyes trying to decipher whether you were playing dumb or you really had the courage to ask that. "For you, and your career in this field."

Was he playing mindgames? Yes, you could really ruin your career with this, but his hospital's reputation could also get ruined? A doctor harassing someone here is a really non washable stain.

But he was somewhat right. Nowadays, money could really shut anyone up and resolve any issues, even wash the non washable stains, like in this case.

You really should just keep quiet and thank the gods above for letting you keep your license, for now. God knows, if the previous ceo had been here, you could've been out in the streets begging for forgiveness.

So Mr. Kim isn't as bad as he could've been? For now.

"Have a nice day." you muttered, feeling that you stood in front of that damn door for more than you should have.

『••✎••』

When Demian heard that the new ceo was calling him into his office, he surely thought about the possibility of it being about the minor incident that happened a few days ago with you. But what he didn't expect was that you would've made a big deal out of this since you were the one who could lose your medical license because of it, not him.

Either way, he knew how to handle this. He knew how to make himself look completely innocent.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim!" he saluted his boss, walking into Taehyung's office.

"Not as good as I expected it to be," Taehyung stated, motioning him to sit on the chair across him.

"May I know what happened?" he asked, acting unaware of the topic Taehyung wanted to bring up.

"I would also like to ask you the same question, Mr. Demian," he answered him with a question, the look he gave Demian made him feel a tiny bit unsure of himself. "Could you tell me about what happened on november 3rd? Exactly 4 days ago."

『••✎••』

TO BE CONTINUED