12 :: he remembers

『••✎••』

You haven't spoken a word to him after that, keeping the distance he was so comfortable with. Luckily, when you entered the hospital, no one was at the reception and you could go unnoticed to the the infirmary.

When you finally took a good look at his face, you couldn't help but gasp.
"Oh god..." you approached him, your hand going up to touch his busted lip. "I didn't think it was that bad.."

Tons of questions started popping up in your head, but most importantly you couldn't get what could have happened in his life that he needed to get this messed up in order to receive that wake up call.

"Let me get the first aid kit," you told him whilst taking your coat off. He stayed quiet, watching your every move.

That night when he first met you, the thought of you being a nurse didn't even come close to his mind, but now that he saw you reach out to a stranger and try to help him in the middle of night really made him look at you in a different light.

You took a seat on the chair next to his, "I'm going to clean your lip wound first, and then I'll see what's with your abdominal area because that much blood isn't okay." you pointed to his gray sweatshirt that didn't look so gray anymore.

You scooted closer to him, feeling his eyes looking right at you while you tried to desinfect his lip. Welp, the feeling of having him so close to you didn't help at all because flashbacks of that night came back to you. "While I tried so hard to remember what happened that night, I couldn't do it no matter what. But now that I'm trying to do my job, those damn memories decide to come back NOW." you thought to yourself, sighing.

You pushed back some strands of your hair behind your ear, revealing the tattoo you completely forgot about.

But he didn't. He noticed it as soon as you moved your hair. And he froze. He hoped you would have forgotten about him, and by the looks of it you did, making it easier for both of you. He didn't like how you became a distraction for him, which made him mess up his mission.

"Now that we're done with your lip, can you.." you hesitated, not sure how he'll react to your request. Well, this was your job and he didn't remember you either so it wouldn't be weird, right?
"Can you take off your sweatshirt?"

He nodded his head, slowly lifting the hem of his shirt over his head.

As soon as his abdomen was revealed, you gasped in shock. There was a stab wound that was bleeding, thank god his sweatshirt covered his wound and he didn't lose a lot of blood.

"Why didn't you tell me he stabbed you! Who knows what could have happened if you lost more blood?" you scolded him, instructing him to lay down on the couch so he wouldn't put too much pressure on the fresh wound.

"You didn't ask..?" he cracked a smile, and your face softened. Why was he behaving like this when any other person would've been panicking like they were on the verge of death?

You quickly tried your best to clean the wound and apply some antibiotics on it, as well as give him some pain relief pills. "So... you won't tell me your name after I literally saved your life?"

"Where are my manners?" He joked. "I'm Jungkook." It was inevitable, he couldn't play with it anymore like he was some special mysterious character. He was just... Jungkook.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook,"

So that was his name...

"And you won't ask for my name either?" you asked him as you walked to the cabinet to take some bandages to cover his wound with.

"Oh, angel..." he had whispered it in a barely audible his voice, but little did he know you heard it, and it made your heart flutter.

So he remembers...

When you walked back to the couch, you saw him close his eyes and drift to sleep. The antibiotic you gave him was probably too strong for his weakened body and he fell asleep.

"Let's get this covered up," you whispered before carefully bandaging his wound.

After you were done with your job, you stood up and looked at his sleeping figure. Poor guy was shirtless and the cold november night didn't warm any of you up. You walked to the closet and took a blanket you kept there just in case, because sometimes you would spend your nights here.

You put it over his body and made sure he didn't wake up.

"Why did you pretend you didn't remember me?" you softly asked him, sitting down on the floor next to the couch. "I was there thinking I went crazy and imagined you were that guy," you kaughed, basically talking to yourself.

"Of, Jungkook, what am I going to do with you..." you yawned, slowly drifting into dreamland as well.

TO BE CONTINUED

『••✎••』

a/n :: school is so stressful i wanna jump off the roof everyday 🤠 so here's an update 🥰