16 :: are you okay?

『••✎••』

"Who is he?" without knowing, Taehyung had tightly clutched onto the leather chair, the anger growing by each passing second.

"His name is Choi Dongwook."

As soon as the name hit Taehyung's eardrums, his breath hitched. Was that it? He expected more, but this wasn't little information either.

"Send me the picture. Now." And with that he hung up, quickly opening his messages app as he awaited for the picture.

He couldn't wait to finally see his face. His father's killer, who he was going to kill in more brutal ways.

(the pic found by the photorobot after it deciphered his identity)

When Taehyung's eyes met the picture, he felt an almost suffocating feeling spread around his lungs, a sudden deafening sound ringing loudly in his ears. He tightly shut his eyes, stepping backwards as he tried to get farther away from his phone.

"Shit." He muttered, trying to stop the sharp pain that came out of nowhere.

As he tried getting some deep breaths in in order to clear his head, the door suddenly swung open, revealing you.

『••✎••』

When you met a furious Demian on the hallway, you immediately thought of the worst case scenario, because you always have it ready.

Did he talk? With Taehyung? What did Taehyung say to him? Did they solve things out? Are you going to jail? Did Demian lie? Are you going to lose your license?

"You piece of shit." you were brought out of your own world of worst case scenarios as Demian's hand harshly gripped your arm. "Here I was being considerate, not planning on snitching on you, especially now that we have a new boss and I don't want your reputation getting tainted." he hissed, cornering you so no one would see what was happening.

"You fucking assaulted me! What did you expect!?" you exclaimed, not believing he actually expected you to keep your mouth shut about this.

"We were in a relationship for god's sake! A man can have sex with his woman whenever he pleases," he scoffed, as if what he had just said was common knowledge everyone was supposed to know.

"Consent, asshole. Ever heard of that?" you gritted your teeth whilst you tried pushing him away from you.

"Now, listen to me carefully. Meet me at 9pm in my office, after your shift ends, if you don't want to spend your night in prison." he told uou, his grip on your arm becoming tighter and more painful.

"You don't think I'm going to let you off the hook just like that, do you?" He chuckled, looking at you in an almost mocking way. "If you don't come, I'm calling the cops on you, and you know damn well it's going to end with you losing your licence." and with that, he let go of your hand, a purplish shade being left behind.

What the hell just happened.

Are you being threatened now? After all you did was protect yourself?

Oh hell no. Mr. Taehyung has got something to say.

With no hesitation, you stormed into his office, calling out to him loudly. Louder than you intented.

"Mr. Taehyung!" the way his name abrasively rolled off your tongue brought him back to reality, another type of pain mixed with annoyance replacing the previous disconfort.

But you came to a halt as soon as you noticed his lost state, eyes tightly shut in sign of what could probably be severe pain.

"Mr. Taehyung are you okay?" instinctively your voice became softer as you quickly approached him, your hand embracing his arm as you tried to support his body, assuming he could even lose his balance.

But you were wrong.

He shoved you off him, his eyes glaring at you. "Who the heck do you think you are to burst in here without my permission!?" he snapped at you, making you instantly remember you were not a nurse in front of him, but a simple employee.

You tried speaking up, but his angry state made you forget how to use your mouth.

After he calmed down, he let a deep breath out, startling you. "I'm... sorry," he gulped, feeling guilty for overreacting. "Just.. do not enter my office without my permission, I hate it when people disobey me." he explained, his voice being more relaxed now.

But you couldn't help but notice the disconfort written on his face.

"So why did you come here.. again?" he looked you in the eyes, his gaze making you fidget with your fingers as you tried to find an answer to the obvious question.

"I.. I don't think that matters right now.." you muttered, feeling like you irritated him again, but this time 10 times more. "I think you need to rest, you seemed a little out of it when I came in." you explained.

"I'm just low on energy, new job new people, or may I say people that are stressing me out." he added, your annoyance from earlier being replaced by a new feeling of guilt that settled in the pit of your stomach.

Did your and Demian's problems cause so much fuss?

"His father was hospitalized for god's sake and here I was burdening the poor man with my drama" you thought to yourself as the guilt became bigger and it would soon fill you up to the brim.

That's right. You should solve it out on your own. You shouldn't have been so inconsiderate of others.

"I'm sorry, really," you apologized, owning up to your ignorance. "I came by to tell you that I will sort things out with doctor Demian on my own, and you don't need to worry about anything, neither of your staff will get affected along with the hospital." you smiled, watching as a confused frown appeared on his face. "I will get you some coffee and a protein bar to regain your strength, I'm really sorry that I troubled you since your first day here, I'll be back in no time," and not letting him say any word back, you stormed out of the office just like youhad entered it.