25 :: it happens often?

The loud club music wasn't part of Jungkook's plan, but here he was, standing tall in front of his boss's club & restaurant - a modest hideout for the real business that was happening underground.

Stepping inside, the strong smell of tobacco hit Jungkook right in the face, the now foreign feeling making him reminiscence of his past activities, where he went out every night to indulge in the ardors that, you could say, saved his life.

or, damaged him even more.

He brushed those thoughts aside, eyes wandering around the place, the impressive amount of people inside making him question whether he really entered the right place.

He made his way deeper inside, or better said, tried making his way, but  the drunk men who were stubbornly trying to flirt with the women there were  blocking his way and Jungkook wasn't in the mood to ask them to move.

But not wanting to cause a scene, he let a deep breath out before he clenched his jaw, saying "Move."

Two men turned around, one of them slightly looking up at Jungkook. "You've got a problem?" One of them questioned, an amused smirk plastered on his face.

"And if I do?" Jungkook looked the man in the eyes in an almost menacing way, trying to read him like a open book.

A man in his late twenties, medium height, with a figure rather stout. Jungkook's eyes fell for a bare second on the man's hand, the ring finger - a beautiful ring placed around it. Married, probably looking for a hook up to cheat on his wife. The way the man talked back to him showed that he had drank a good amount of alcohol, his body barely keeping its balance.

Jungkook swiftly looked back in the man's eyes after the short analysis he had mentally made inside his mind, a thing he had been used to do for years. "I'm not going to repeat myself for the third time, so move." Jungkook didn't wait for an answer and pushed the man aside, causing him to fall hard onto the floor.

His other friend felt his blood rush to his face, the anger making his face redden. "You don't think you're leaving just like this, do you?" The man grabbed Jungkook by his shoulder, pulling him harshly back.

Jungkook didn't lose his balance, staying strongly in his previous position. He grabbed the man's arm, twisting it around and locking it behind the man's back, making him wince in defeat. "Better know your limits. I don't want you getting into a hospital tonight." Jungkook pushed the man to the floor, gaining the attention of the people who were around.

He looked around, his eyes having a frightening look inside of them, everyone turning their attention back to what they were doing before, but not restraining themselves from whispering about what had just happened.

"And he's just getting away with it?" one of the females whispered speechless.

"Shh. You don't want him twisting your arm around, do you?"

"I would like him to do something else to me."

But Jungkook heard it. He knew very well how he looked in others' eyes in situations like this, because this wasn't the first time he got involved in a public fight.

He heard it all, from the simplest slurs to death treats. But what was he expecting?

He always reminded himself that he should be grateful that no one knows his identity and what he really does for a living or else it would've been way worse than just being pathetically insulted.

"Hey man." Jungkook looked to the barman, who motioned him to take a seat. "Take it easy on them." the barman shook his head slowly, as if trying to get Jungkook to understand that the boss shouldn't find out about this.

When Mr. Hwang bought this place, he decided to keep it real. No fights inside, no deaths inside, just a normal bar&restaurant that people came to to have some fun.

In his perspective, this way no one would suspect this place on illegal doings and that would save them from the police's eye.

"I know." Jungkook sighed, taking a seat before ordering a drink to calm himself. Mr. Hwang wouldn't mind him getting a little drink before going to meet him, right?

As Jungkook was waiting for his drink, he felt a presence sit next to him. "Rough day?" A man asked, a low chuckle leaving his mouth.

"Not even close." Jungkook muttered, not willing to chitchat with anyone in that moment.

"Hey! I'm not here to lecture you," the man raised his index finger, calling the barman to make an order again. "Fights happen all the time."

Then, Jungkook looked to his right, finally observing the man who initiated this friendly conversation.

"I know that better than everyone." Jungkook whispered more to himself, taking the glass of whiskey from his colleague who worked undercover as a barman.

"It happens often?" the man asked, looking at the whiskey that was being swirled inside Jungkook's glass.

Jungkook looked down at his drink before he gulped it down his throat, preparing himself to leave.

As if the man sensed it, he quickly added "I'm Demian, by the way. Max Demian."

[...]

A/n:  I know the name I chose for Demian's character is a little.. unusual??

BUT.

The song "blood, sweat and tears" was inspired by a book "Demian" by Hermann Hesse.

and in that book, the main character is called Max Demian soo.. that's the story 😃