19 :: emergency room

After having fallen asleep on the cold floor, Jungkook had woken up from the loud ringtone of his own phone.

He yawned, lifting himself off the ground. As the ringtone got louder, he realized it wasn't his his usual phone that was ringing, it was his work phone, which had a special ringtone that helped him recognize whether it was a work matter or a personal one.

But who was he trying to lie to?

His personal phone hasn't rung even once.

"Do you have a death wish?" a voice was heard as soon as he picked up the call from his boss. "Why isn't the target dead yet?"

Sighing, Jungkook massaged his forehead. "Tonight." was all he said, trying to come up with a plan.
"Tonight he will be."

"You know what happens when you don't follow your words." with that Mr. Hwang hung up, leaving Jungkook alone on the other line.

Jungkook looked at his wristwatch, the arrows indicating 2:45. Has he slept that much? Must've been the wound that was taking all his energy to heal.

Going to the bathroom, he looked at his reflection then down at his white shirt that was smeared with blood. "I probably should change the bandage."

He took his shirt off, revealing his well built body, the result of the torturous training he had to do during his teenage years.

His abs flexed at the touch of his cold hands trying to take the soaked bandage off. He hissed when he saw his injury, only now realizing that it was way worse than he thought it was.

Involuntarily, his thoughts went back to the day you had helped him, the memories of you bandaging his injury making him shudder.

He might have wished you were there, help him again.
But he needed to remember that all of that was just a one time thing, you helping him, being with him, it wasn't going to last forever.

It wasn't that he wasn't used to dealing with it alone, after all he had to learn to treat his own injuries during the years of being in this field.

But still, the guilty earthy feeling of someone being there for him was starting to get the best of him.

"Focus, for fuck's sake." he gritted his teeth, coming back to his senses. He opened the cabinet, taking out the aid kit.

After fixing his wound, he let a deep breath out, mentally preparing himself for what was to happen in the next hours.

『••✎••』

You looked at your phone, the clock showing 2:45pm. "15 minutes left till lunch break," nervously tapping your foot, you looked around and quietly snuck in your office, taking out the food container you brought to work today, your stomach growling at the smell of the delicious sandwiches you prepared this morning.

Just as you tried to take a bite out of it, a loud siren was heard from the emergency room, alerting the ER nurses the ambulance brought new pacients.

Shit.

You were one the ER nurses.

Dropping the sandwich, you ran out of the office, making your way as fast as possible to the emergency room.

"Come here!" Mara pulled your hand, bringing you to a pacient who laid on a stretcher, his condition making you widen your eyes in shock. It was a child.

"A collapse on a construction site happened, he was near the wall that collapsed, and as it seems, he had severely injured his leg." your friend quickly informed you, passing you the medical record where you were supposed to fill in the symptoms of the injured pacient.

Paid Blood | JJKजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें