18 :: can you keep this for me?

"You're going to regret this."

Holy
shit.

You completely forgot.

Should you message him back? Should you meet him at this hour? You looked at the clock and it was past 9pm. You certainly didn't want to go.

Typing fast a message back, you sent it to him.

"I forgot."

Well, what more was it to say?

"Like that makes up for it.
We'll talk tomorrow. Same time.
So don't dare forget."

As you read his message, a sigh escaped your lips. Why was he so problematic? You had enough to worry about, yet here was, creating more problems for you to solve.

Finishing your ramen, you put the dishes in the sink, hoping your sister would wash it later. Well, she's still eating her ramen, and as the saying goes, the last to eat is the first to clean up.

『••✎••』

"Kim Taehyung it is." Jungkook exhaled as he typed in the man's name, hoping to get a confirmation for his doubts - that it was indeed his target's son.

Various pictures appeared on his screen along with a lot of statements that said:

"Kim Taehyung - the heir of the influencial line of hospitals."

"Has Kim Taehyung already taken his dad's position?"

"What really happened to Kim Hyunjung?"

Yes. Kim Taehyung was indeed his target's son. And now, Jungkook needed just a little bit of extra information.

He went to his bed and crouched down, taking the hidden silver suitcase from underneath the bed.

He put in the password and carefully opened it, revealing a built in computer that his boss gave him. It was made to track anything and anyone, revealing secret information that was only available to the police.

Typing in Kim Taehyung, the wanted man popped up on the screen, his address, current phone number, blood type and bank account being revealed right after.

"Samseong-Dong, it is." Jungkook smirked, knowing that getting inside those apartments was in truth difficult, but he did love a challenge.

It wasn't his first time after all.

He would have gone there right in that moment if it weren't for the damn injury he got the night prior to this. He sighed, his fists tightening, the veins on his arm becoming more and more visible. One papercut and he'd be done for.

"I'll just go there tomorrow."

But,

He knew he needed to finish this job as soon as possible, or the consequences that will follow will be crucial.

For him and his mom.

At the thought of her, he clutched onto the necklace dearest to his heart. When his hand couldn't find the irreplaceable piece of jewelry, his eyes went wide, his heart dropping to his stomach.

No,

nonononono.

He couldn't have lost it.

No, he could not afford losing it.

"It must be somewhere here." he whispered to himself as he tried searching for the precious stone his mom had been wearing since she gave birth to him, a gift from his father for their little angel, their spark of hope that came into the world.

She gave it to him the day she dissapeared, making little Jungkook confused as to why she was suddenly giving up on the tiny dove that she always held close to her heart.

°°°

"Can you keep this for me?" his mother asked him in the softest tone, gently taking off the fragile dove necklace she always kept close to her heart.

"Are you going somewhere?" the 16 years old boy asked his mom, surprised by his mom's sudden question.

"I am, but not for too long, you don't have to worry," she smiled, a heart warming smile that always made her son feel safe.

"I will, if you want me to," he smiled back, not suspecting what was going to happen.

"I know it'll be in good hands with you, so promise me, when I get back, you'll be here to give it back to me," his mom held his hands, before dropping the necklace in his palms, hoping the young man will be motivated enough to keep it until she comes back.

"But why don't you just take it with you?"

"I need you to keep it, Kook." she smiled, her lips trembling. She tried her best to hold in the tears that wanted to fall down.

"Okay. I will mom, it won't ever get lost." the young Jungkook smiled, feeling his mother come close to him and hug him tightly, her lips pecking his forehead. He could swear he felt a teardrop run down his cheek, but he was sure he wasn't crying in that moment.

°°°

With his heart beating faster, he could feel the tension build up, the fear of losing the only thing his mom ever asked him of doing becoming more real than ever.

"Fuck." he cursed under his breath, slowly leaning down the wall, feeling desperate. "I cannot lose it." he sat on the cold floor, his hands gripping his hair.

A teardrop rolled down his cheek, a thought clouding his judgement completely,

"Am I continously disappointing you, mom?"

『••✎••』

.

have you guys watched snowdrop?

spoiler alert ⚠️

i finished watching it a few days ago and i sweaaaar i have never cried that bad in my life before. i couldn't even breathe through my nose 😭 i'm SO mad at the writers for doing my man sooho so wrong, he was the one who deserved to live THE MOST out of them all. i said what i said 😤😤😤

jung haein best actor. love him with my whole heart.