10 :: for you mom

『••✎••』

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" Taehyung asked his family's lawyer, his leg bouncing as a sign of the anxiety he was feeling at the moment.

"Yes, you had told me yourself that you saw someone that looked suspicious. We shouldn't make your father's death public without knowing for sure he was murdered." his lawyer told him, knowing how impulsive Taehyung could become.

"We do know for sure he was murdered. I saw him." Taehyung clenched his fists at the memory of the man on the roof who watched him, them, that day. "I'll make sure he gets punished for what he did to my father, to my entire family."

The lawyer of the Kims sighed, knowing it wasn't an easy task to find the killer, but it wasn't impossible either. "We will. But for now, we just have to keep quiet about what truly happened and say Mr. Kim has some health issues. We don't want the killer to know we're looking for him." he paused for a second and then an idea popped in his head.

"This is perfect. After you make that announcement about your father, the one who tried to kill him will know he's not dead and will come back to finish what he started. Then we will catch him ." when the lawyer finished his sentence, Taehyung got up and patted his shoulder.

"I now understand why my father trusted you a lot."

『••✎••』

After having done his mission for the day, Jungkook called his boss. "It's done." he spoke, something at the back of his mind telling him there's something that went wrong, but he couldn't pinpoint what exactly that was.

His worries were proven right the next day, when his boss asked him to meet at the usual place. A bar-restaurant. Owned by his boss.

"You usually don't call me to meet up." Jungkook stated, closing the door of Hwang's office. "Unless.."

"I know you've always done the job in the cleanest way, but tell me what happened this time? Do you have any problems?" Mr. Hwang questioned, trying to decipher the real truth behind Jungkook's mistake. He never allowed himself to make mistakes. It would've cost him too much if he did.

"I don't. Sir, I'm sure there must've been an error, I know for sure my target is.. dead." He spoke with certainty, his eyes reflecting coldness.

"Then tell me why our client has notified me that our target has been hospitalized? Alive?" his superior inquired, tapping his pen against the desk.

"Jungkook, you didn't need to kidnap him, didn't need to torture him to get some info out of him, our client just wanted him dead, and you couldn't even do that? Do you still remember what I told you when I first hired you?"

"I do." Head low, flashbacks went through Jungkook's memory.

[ flashback ]

"Look kid, this isn't the right place for you, go search somewhere else." a man with a cigarette in his mouth spoke, the smoke making Jungkook cough.

"Police won't help me either. The only ones, who know where my mother is, are you." The 16 years old boy insisted, trying his best not to let any tears fall down. His mom needed him and he couldn't give up.

"That, young man, isn't completely true." Mr. Hwang chuckled, appreciating the kid's courage. "Your mom was in danger because of your damn father, she had to disappear. I just helped her, but she didn't tell me where she had gone to."

"But you can find out!" Jungkook cried out.

"That, I can. But everything comes with a price." The man smiled, approaching him.

"Since I helped your mom, I promised I'll keep an eye on you too. But I'm no fairy godmother, I don't help people just for the sake of it. You will have to pay for every piece of information I will give you about your sweet mother."

If he doesn't help people just for the sake of it, then how did my mom pay him back? A helpless, broken woman? Jungkook thought, and a tear shed down his swollen cheek.

"Pay?" he asked, knowing he had no money left.

"Yes, with the money you will earn by working for me." he grinned, knowing the boy will do whatever it takes to see his mother again.

"The work you'll be doing requires perfection. No mistakes and no hesitation, or you're done for. Remember, your mom is at stake." he explained, noticing the fear glinting in the teenager's eyes.

"With every perfected job, you'll learn more about your mother. Sometime in the future, maybe, you'll get to hear her or even see her, so it's all up to you."

Wiping the heavy tear that had rolled down his cheek, the poor boy murmured "I will do it, for you mom."

[ end of flashback ]

"And?"

"And I'm fucking getting tired of it." he raised his voice. "All these years, you've never told me anything explicit, just giving me faint hints about her whereabouts."

"So you're giving up?" Mr. Hwang questioned, hitting Jungkook in his weakest spot.

"I'm not." Jungkook gritted his teeth, hating the way his boss made him look like he was guilty for what happened to his family.

"Then man the fuck up and take responsability for what you've done. Your target isn't dead and you have to take care of it, you have time till the end of the week. I won't give you any details about him, do this on your own." His boss commanded, leaving Jungkook feeling anger and helplessness.

"Got it." He muttered and left the office.

He hated it. Feeling helpless and having to obey. But he needed to remind himself he was getting closer to his mom, he had to endure it just a little bit more.

But truth to be told, he had been saying that for the past 6 years.

TO BE CONTINUED

a/n | this chapter was a looot to take in but i really wanted to portray a little bit of jungkook's character and his back story!!

i also tried a new writing style where i tell the story in the third person!! i like it sm ^^

if you like the story let me know by commenting or voting hehe :] waiting for your opinions 😸