Chapter 2: Cold Blood

I open my eyes to see darkness in this room. I turn to reach out for my phone. I squinted my eyes from the sudden light that comes from the screen of my phone. It's 5 am in the morning. Did I fell asleep too early yesterday? I sighed. Turn off my phone and set it aside.

I suddenly felt my ragging stomach, begging me to eat. I just realized that I haven't even had dinner before falling asleep yesterday. What the hell? How come I fell asleep too early? Was I too stress about my roommate that my brain couldn't take it?

Speaking of my roommate, I glance at the other bed to see no one but her luggage are not there anymore. Right. Maybe she stopped by then left when she saw me. Didn't they said she didn't want a roommate? She's not here. Is that a relief or a burden? I don't know. All I know is I'm hungry.

So, I sat up, stretches my body from side to side. I was about to stand up but my eyes catch the light from my phone. I pick it up and automatically, a smile is painted on my face. I received a text message from my man. Not minding to adjust my eyes from the blinding lights, I excitedly read his message for me.

Good morning babe :* good luck on your first day of class. Fighting! love you <3
Received, 5:07am

You! Why you didn't replied my texts yesterday!?
Sent, 5:08am

Btw, iloveyoutoo! :*
Sent, 5:08am

I'm sorry. Something came up yesterday. It's a family thing. I'll make it up with you today. ^^
Received, 5:10am

You better. I'll get myself a breakfast now. You should eat yours too.:*
Sent, 5:10am

Sure thing. Let's eat breakfast. Update me, 'kay? Love you <3
Received, 5:12am

Sure. Eat well! Iloveyoutoo! <3
Sent, 5:12am

I tossed my phone with a wide satisfied smile on my face. I knew it. He always makes me smile. He's my happiness. See, I've forgotten the stress that a woman I've never met have given me. Wow. Daebak!

I turn the knob and pull it to open the door. Instantly, I heard some clacking noise from the kitchen. I furrowed my eyebrows. Who the hell could it be?

I took a step forward, the lights at the kitchen are on. The lights are blinding. It took some time for me to adjust. And when I did, my eyes widened in surprise. There, I saw a milky white skin woman, back facing me. Her black hair is tied up on a ponytail. It was tied up high almost like Ariana Grande's signature ponytail. She's wearing a baggy navy blue shirt paired with black Nike pants. She's also barefoot on the floor. Her feet are so cute though.

Now, I didn't know for how long I was standing there. But I probably looked like a stalker, staring at her back.

I literally jumped on my feet when I saw her turn around to face me. Damn it! I rushed to go back in our room. I didn't know what to do. I saw her face. It's really... cold. And I witnessed her eyes glaring directly at me! Oh my goodness! Why is she like that?

There's no way I'll eat my breakfast here. Not with her. Not when she's around this apartment. She's too... scary. She looks like as if she's mad at everyone and everything in this world.

But how am I supposed to use the bathroom? It was beside the kitchen. Haist! I wouldn't just look at her. I won't glance at her. I'll keep my eyes on the floor. Yeah. I'll do just that.

I grab my toiletries, my pouch and my clothes. I took a deep breath before taking my first step forward. Why am I so nervous? Come on, Tiffany. Get yourself together!

I walk out of my room with my eyes fixed on the floor. I can see from my peripheral vision that she's sitting at the kitchen stool, glaring at me. Seriously. What is wrong with her?