Chapter 15: TaeNy Day

It's weekend! Usually, we visit Jessica and Krystal every weekend but Taeyeon and I decided to have these two days all to ourselves. She had informed the Jung sisters and I think they are actually happy that we're not visiting them. So yeah, it's a TaeNy day today.

I remember Jessica saying, "Oh finally, freedom! Thank goodness there's no love birds coming this week."

Although it was kinda awkward to hear that from her, we just shrugged it off and laughed awkwardly. I mean, Taeyeon and I haven't said those words to each other. Like I said, I'm not even sure if she loves me. But I'm certain that I've fallen for her.

Anyway, we are planning to see her horses today. I would love to ride Luna alone this time. Because the last time we did horseback riding, we are both on Sol's back and I felt bad for the horse so I told Taeyeon that I'll just walk but she won't let me. In the end, she was the one who walked while dragging Sol's halter.

I didn't managed to take a picture with the beautiful fountain in the middle of the farm before. And I'll make sure to take one this time.

"Shall we just stay the night at the Ranch?" Taeyeon broke the comfortable silence. She's driving and we're now on our way to her Ranch.

"Where are we gonna sleep there?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Sometimes I keep on forgetting that you haven't really saw the whole Ranch. Honey, there's a hotel beside the ranch. But of course, what is my rest house for if we won't use it?" I wasn't even paying attention to all that she said. I was in awe for the way she called me honey. She called me honey!! Oh my gosh! Calm down, Tiffany. Keep yourself together!

"So, let's stay in our rest house?" She held up my hand that's been laying on her lap to plant a soft kiss on it. And if you're gonna ask me why my hand is on her lap? Well, I don't even know myself. It just happened to be there.

"Sure." I softly replied. She chuckled. Was I too obvious? I mean, do really wanted to be with her.

"Tae, I was just wondering."

"Hmm?"

"Why did my father keep this a secret from me? I mean, he can just tell me about it and I'll definitely break up with Siwon immediately." Maybe she knew the reason why. I've been thinking about this for a few days now. What's with the secrecy? He could've just told me.

"The less you know, the more safe you are, Tiffany."

"What? Shouldn't I be safer if I know a thing? I could've been more cautious if only I heard about it earlier."

"Exactly. You'll be cautious. And Siwon will know that something's wrong and will definitely find out that you know a thing. It will make your life at risk, Tiffany. He could've used you against your father. And I'm sure, your father wouldn't like that. I wouldn't like that." She said seriously. Well, she's got a point.

"So that's why you chose to distant yourself from your friends? Because you've found out that Sooyoung was the one who called the Choi?"

"Yes. And also I don't wanna risk Sunny and Yoona's safety too. If I had stayed in the group, they will eventually know that something's wrong. Sunny will definitely know. And if they were to ask me, I don't think I can hold it back longer than I did if I didn't distant myself from them. So I decided to cut our ties. It's for their safety too."

I nod my head after she talked. Now I fully understand why she have chosen to do this. And as I understand deeper, the better I get to know her. And the better I know her, the more I realize how selfless she is. I wonder if she have even think of herself for once. 'cause everything about these things is for her friends, family, and everyone that's around her.