Chapter 22: Mission

It's been a week since The Chois were captured. We had to take 2 days off from our University. I guess we're still shock. And Taeyeon spent those 2 days with her mom. And I was with my own family too. Now I must admit, even though we miss each other, having time to spend with my parents is totally satisfying. It fills something in me that they can only do so. I sense the familiarity of safety that I've felt only from them since I was a kid. And also the sense of being home that I used to grow up to. Of course, the safety I feel with Taeyeon is different. And I do feel at home when I'm with her.

Taeyeon and I kept in touch for 2 days. We sent texts, pictures, and even call each other during the night before sleeping. Her mom took her to their old house where they live as a family of three when her father was still alive. She said her mother is planning to keep the house as it is. She said she wanted to cherish every moment she has with Taeyeon's father at every corner of their house. Taeyeon have nothing to object with that. Besides, she too, wanted to cherish those memories.

Sunny's family was more than relieved when they heard about the fabricated evidences that the Chois used to get all their wealth. And they are very glad to work with the Jungs.

Speaking of Jungs, Jessica and Krystal moved back to their house. It was actually a mansion to be honest. It's huge for just the two of them. We drive them there and when the sisters saw the house, they couldn't help but to tear up. As I said, it's a huge house that'll be hard to fill in without the past occupants, their family. Realization hits them harder that they only have each other now. To see them crying like that hurts us. It hurts me to see my friends in pain. And the fact that the source of pain will never be resolve ever again. Their family is gone. I wish they had a different fate. They deserve to be happy.

News spread about them being alive and are now back to their normal lives. The reporters of course didn't let this slide. They tried everything they can to get even just a glimpse of the sisters hence camping outside of their house. Until Jessica finally decided to accept the interview. There she told everyone what had happened. Not too detailed but enough to stop the accusations they once throw to Taeyeon.

It reached the top searches. Who would've thought that the one they shamelessly accused is actually the one who's protecting them? In return, most of the reporters that once accused Taeyeon apologize to her. And the rest are too afraid to even meet her. After all, she can sue them if she wanted. But that woman wanted nothing but silence and peace. She said she have gone too much drama for the past 2 years. So she let it slide and forgive them.

When we got back to school, the students are too afraid to come near her. But this time, it's not because she's a cold blood. But because they are also guilty of accusing her. Taeyeon doesn't mind though. I also thought that like in the movies when the main character was cold and distant at the first part of the story, will eventually warm and become friendly at the end. I was wrong.

The cold Taeyeon is still the cold Taeyeon. Her piercing glares are still the same, her cold demeanor is just as it is when I first met her, she still doesn't talk that much, and her authority never ends. Well of course, she's like this to other people. To strangers in particular.

When it comes to me, she's lovey dovey as always. She's clingy, smiling and laughing a lot. Also let's not forget her unending teases. And the unstoppable butterflies in my stomach whenever she's around.

I asked her once why she kept being cold even after they knew that she's not the real culprit. She said that it's better that way. She enjoys having her peace in silence. Most importantly, she loves it when they are shivering in fear for her glare. I know the last part was a joke. But I guess we can't just turn back time. Same as we can't go back to who we were before. We will never be the same as we were before. Because wether we want it or not, small unnoticeable changes will happen sooner or later. Although in her case, her change is very noticeable. She was a bubbly student on her first year in the university and because of what happened 2 years ago, she's ending her fourth year of college with a cold exterior.