Chapter 11: The Exes

A little while later, Krystal shyly went to the living room to call us. I think she had a hard time calling us because Taeyeon and I is in a fit of laughter. We just noticed her standing awkwardly on the side when I almost fell over the floor. She must've been there for a while.

Taeyeon stood up while holding my hand. She grew a new habit huh? I just noticed that she likes holding my hand today. I let her pull me to the dinning table as we sat side by side.

I saw Krystal struggling to bring the foods on the table so in reflex, I stood up to help her. She smiled at me when she saw me giving her a helping hand. I smiled back to her.

Together, we placed the foods she cooked on the table. When I look up to Taeyeon, she raised an eyebrow to me. Like as if she's annoyed that I'm doing this. She's overreacting again. Duh! I was just trying to help. So I raised an eyebrow back to her as if scolding her for being too protective.

She rolled her eyes as she stood. I didn't know what she's planning to do but I turn around to help Krystal again. I pick up a big bowl of salad when I felt a hand at the small of my back. I look over to see her glaring at the bowl.

"I'm just helping." I said in a low tone of voice.

"I know. But I don't want you to. Anyway, what do I do? I'm in no place to stop you." She gently whisper in my ear as she sniff my hair after speaking. Here are the butterflies again! Gosh! Calm down, Tiffany.

She snatched the bowl from my hands. She held it using just her left hand while her right hand found its way to hold my free hand. I'm starting to be attached to her hands. She should really stop holding me.

She placed the salad on the table and was about to pull a seat for me when we're pushed with quite a force. I stumbled on my feet that I almost fell over. If it's not for Taeyeon's hands, my butt would be kissing the floor by now. She hooked her other arm on my waist while the other one is holding my hand tightly.

"What the hell, Jessica?" Taeyeon scolded annoyingly.

I just realized that I'm closing my eyes so when I open it, I saw Jessica hugging Taeyeon sideways. Her arms and legs are wrapped around Taeyeon's body! I think she jumped on her that's why we were pushed.

Okay, this is kinda awkward. Jessica is hugging her sideways while Taeyeon's arms are on me. As a result, I stood up straight to release myself from her. I unclasped our hands, although I had a little hard time to do that because she's holding my hand tightly, I still managed to free myself fully.

"I miss you, Taeng!" Jessica cheerfully said. She's really different from a while ago. I guess she had a good nap.

"Well, I'll appreciate it a lot if you could let me go now." Taeyeon struggled to free herself from Jessica. Is it normal that my heart is squeezing tight? I bit my lower lip as I look away from them. I just sat down and focused my eyes on the foods in front of me.

"Fine." She kissed Taeyeon's cheek with a smooching sound! I knew because I saw it from my peripheral vision and I heard it loud and clear.

Taeyeon quietly sat beside me. I can feel her contemplating to do something but I didn't spare her a glance. She cleared her throat. "Let's eat?" She choked on her voice. Causing her to clear her throat yet again. Nervous huh?

I just nod my head and proceed to dig in. Krystal made us Jjigae, a korean stew that is typically made with meat, seafood and vegetables in a broth. Oh! I love this. There is a bowl of salad and some seasoned fried chicken for us too. But my attention is focused mainly to the stew.

I carefully sip a bit from my stew. When it touched my tongue, my eyes widened. This is heavenly! Wow. While I'm busy digging in the stew, Taeyeon placed a seasoned chicken on my plate. I look over her and raised an eyebrow. She just smiled awkwardly to me. Whatever.