Chapter 5: Strawberries

Taeyeon and I are currently waiting for our baby back ribs. Unexpectedly, the silence around us is not awkward. It was just a normal silence. I guess the chill and cozy vibe of this steakhouse saved us from awkwardness.

I saw my phone lit up. I placed it on top of the table right after we settled down. I saw that it was Siwon calling me. Well? Look who's finally got a time for me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" Taeyeon crossed her arms on her chest. She looks... well, she looks pretty annoyed. I think she saw the caller's id. I gulped. She's intimidating.

"Please excuse me." I was about to stand up but she stop me.

"No. You answer it here. I won't mind." She gave me a fake smile. Is she insane? She just said from last night that she likes me, and then now she want me to answer a call from my boyfriend in front of her? Isn't that kind of suicide? Oh well, unless she lied when she said she likes me.

I gave her a look but she just raised her eyebrows to me like as if she's challenging me. Well, challenge accepted. I hide my smirk when I pick up the call.

"Hey babe. I'm sorry something came up last night." He said in urgency.

"Yeah? It's fine." I said in gritted teeth. I'm doubting him alright. And I'm slowly losing interest in him.

"I'm really sorry. Can we meet up today? I'm on my way to Jeonju. I wanna have lunch or dinner with you." His voice is very soft and sweet. He's trying to soothe me.

"I'm having lunch with a... friend." I look up at Taeyeon who gave me an evil grin. I rolled my eyes on her.

"Dinner?"

"I can't. I promised my classmates to eat dinner with them."

"Ohh... Okay then." He sounded disappointed. In fact, it was too much that I can almost tell how fake it is. He's been my boyfriend for months now. And it's safe to say that I know when he's lying and when he's telling the truth. Besides, I can hear his television at the background. On the way to Jeonju my ass. I'm so pissed.

"Gotta go." I wanted to hang up so badly.

"Wait, Tiff. You're not seeing someone else, are you?" Wow! Seriously? He's the one who's been missing for a whole fucking night and he have the guts to accuse me? Just wow. I can't believe I was so stupid to fall in love with him.

"Of course not. I only love you." I only said that because I know Taeyeon is watching me. In fact, her eyes never left me. I still don't like the idea of engaging in same sex relationship. Besides, I still wanna know who's Jessica and what does she have to do with Taeyeon.

I noticed that the woman in front of me shifted uncomfortably on her seat. And she finally look away. I sigh inaudibly. I don't wanna hurt her. I can't explain it. I just don't want to see her hurting. Does that makes sense? I don't know. Everything doesn't makes sense ever since I stepped in that apartment.

"Good. I love you too. I need to go now." He hang up without even waiting for my response. I furrowed my eyebrows while looking at the screen of my phone. Just don't let me caught you cheating on me, Siwon. I'll definitely kill you.

"Something's wrong?" Taeyeon tilted her head while curiously looking at me. I think she may have seen my reaction.

"No, nothing."

"Is he treating you right?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Of course." I faked a smile.

"You're a bad liar. It's very obvious that you're faking your smile. This is how you smile genuinely." She leaned closer while pointing to her beautiful face that light up even beautifully with a sweet smile on her lips.