Chapter 18: Escape

"Tae, what's going on?" I put my seatbelt in a hurry. Taeyeon is making me nervous. I can feel my heartbeat almost exploding my heart. I sat beside her on the passenger seat while Sunny is sitting on the back.

"They're on search for us. They're coming to get us, Tiffany. We need to get out of here!" She stepped on the gas and I almost bump my head at the sudden force of speed.

I feel so scared. Realization came rushing in my mind that our lives is in complete danger. Taeyeon have to drive as fast as she can or else they'll find us. And if they did, it's gonna be the end for us.

"What the hell is happening? Taeyeon? Tiffany?" I sensed that Sunny is terrified. Her voice is shaking.

"It's not the right time to tell you, Sunny. Later, okay? I promise to tell you everything. Right now you need to buckle your seatbelt and pray that we get there safe." I assured her. I didn't hear a response from her so I assume she got it.

Taeyeon is driving in full speed. The darkness of the night makes it even more terrifying. Luckily, the little lights inside the Ranch is somehow helping me to breathe.

"Open the gates." Taeyeon said on her phone. What the hell!? Why is she using phone while driving this fast? She could've just asked me to call someone for her!

My eyes widened when I saw from a distance that the huge gates of the Ranch is slowly opening and our car is speeding. I held on my seat very tightly. We might not make it! They are opening the gates too slow!

I closed my eyes tight. All I can hear is the car engine speeding fast. I am so scared that we might hit the gates. What if we're too fast and we really hit it? Gosh! We're all gonna be dead!

"Close the gates immediately. Don't let anyone in." I heard Taeyeon commanded to someone. I slowly open my eyes and I saw that we're driving outside of the Ranch now. I sigh in relief.

However, if the inside of Ranch have some lights to comfort my fear, this time, the road is dark. I see nothing but pitch black. The only source of lights we have is the lights from the car. What happened to the street lights? There are clearly light poles in here.

"Why is it so dark? There are light poles here, right?" Sunny asked from behind, worry and fear is evident on her voice.

"Someone turn it off for us." Taeyeon replied in gritted teeth. My eyes widened. Right. Sooyoung knew that we're always out every weekend. And we always tell them that we're just in the Ranch! Why out of all weekends they chose to find us now that we're really at the Ranch!? I mean, we're always at the Shakespeare. This is the first time we're really just inside the ranch. Wow. The timing.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"Safe house. It's 1 hour and 30 minutes away from here. So we need to hurry."

An hour and thirty minutes!? That means it's quite far! I hope we get there safe. I think we could get there for just 45 minutes. Taeyeon's driving so fast. And it scares me because we couldn't see anything around us. It's completely dark. What if something comes out of nowhere in front of us? Oh gosh.

Suddenly, Taeyeon turn right. I almost bump my head and I saw Sunny fell over on the back. "What the hell, Tae!?"

"I'm sorry." She said. I look up to her and I saw her eyes sending daggers on the road. Why does she look so mad? I furrowed my eyebrows.

Once again, she turn right. Where is she going? Is this the way to the safe house she's talking about?

"Tae..."

"Trust me." She clenched her jaw and once again turn right. I'm starting to feel bad about this.

"In 1 minute, I'll turn right once again. Now, I want you girls to keep your eyes wide. We will enter the woods. And I will turn off the  headlights." She instructed like a crazy instructor.