Chapter 20: Solicitous

I'm in complete daze while sitting at the couch. Memories of Taeyeon falling over the ground kept flashing through my mind. I feel so numb. I can't lose her. She's the only thing that makes me feel alive.

"Are you really Taeyeon's girlfriend?" Mrs. Kim asked gently beside me. She's too careful not to offend me.

I smiled a little. "Yes, Mrs. Kim. We just got officially the other day." I sighed.

"You know that Jessica and Taeyeon were..." She is very hesitant to say it. But I know what she meant so I continue her sentence.

"Exes? Yes, I know. Taeyeon told me." I pouted.

"Taeyeon is protecting them because she is the only person they can count on. Please don't think anything bad in between. My Taetae is truely in love with you for sure." She tried to assure me. She doesn't have to though. I trust Taeyeon.

"I understand it, Mrs. Kim. You don't need to worry. I trust Taeyeon." I smiled at her, showing my pretty eye smile.

She sighed in relief after seeing that. Oh! She's worried that I'm jealous with Taeyeon and Jessica? I mean, I admit that there was a time when I felt jealous. Because who wouldn't? After all, they are still exes. They were in love with each other before. And who knows if they still have feelings for one another? But then again, I trust Taeyeon. I know she won't hurt me. She have proven it before and is continue proving it up until now.

---

Taeyeon POV

"Taeyeon!" I heard Yuri's shout right after I fell on the floor.

"Damn it! You're bleeding!" I was startled when I saw her already beside me.

"I'm fine." I gritted my teeth. It kinda hurt, yeah. I took off my jacket to see my wound. I knew it. I was shot on my right arm. Luckily, the bullet just pass through my arm.

Without further a do, Yuri removed her shirt and tore it apart then she tied it up on my wound to stop the bleeding.

"Wear my jacket." I said while she's tying up my arm. She didn't answer but after she's finish, she did wore my jacket.

"You stay here."

"No. I can still fire."

"Don't be stubborn. You've been shot. Do you think Tiffany didn't see that? You sit still here. Stop making everyone worry." She said in an annoyed manner then she stood up beside me to continue shooting.

I make everyone worried? But I just wanna protect them. And I don't wanna be a burden. So I stood up and even though my wound is making it hard for me to shoot, I still managed. Yuri glared at me for a second but ignored me the next thing after. I rolled my eyes and focused to the battle.

Suddenly, we saw the Chois leaving. What's happening? I furrowed my eyebrows as I took a glance of what's on our back then I saw bunch of policemen on their vehicles. Now I know why.

"They're escaping!" Yuri showered them with bullets. And I focused to shoot their tires.

This family is a disgrace. They will never escape this time. They have to pay for what they did to the Jungs, to my father, for kidnapping my mother, for taking away Jessica and Krystal's freedom, and for the accusations they throw to me because of a crime that I never did. Tonight is the end of their evil deeds. I'll make sure of it.

"Taeyeon! You're bleeding!" My uncle rushed to my side. "Let's go. Let the men do their work. The Chois will not escape tonight. Trust our men and the policemen, Taeyeon-ah." He's trying to get the rifle away from me but I'm way too angry to listen to him. I shoot them until my bullets run out. Only then I took a deep breath.