Chapter 8: Jeonju

Sunny parked her car in a traditional looking village. I look around and saw the houses you often see to a historical K-drama. In my opinion, it's very fascinating.

"Well, it wouldn't be Jeonju if it isn't historical." Sunny shrugged.

"Welcome to Hanok Village!!" Bora screamed very cheerfully. We all laughed at her skyrocket energy.

"How many houses are these actually?" I asked, still fascinated as we walk out of the car.

"About 735 traditional Korean hanok houses." She replied, in awe of the beauty of it.

"Quick! Let's go to Sarangchae." Sooyoung naughtily spoke as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Sooyoung-ah!" Bora complained.

"We can't go there, unnie." Yoona chuckled.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Hanok houses are generally divided into two sections, anchae and sarangchae. Sarangchae is where the men dwell. Because men and women had to remain separated, anchae is situated deep inside the house so that it is secretive and quiet." She explained patiently.

"That explains the apartment buildings like the one we have then." Now I know why the girls and boys are separated. It has something to do with their culture here.

"Yep. So let's just look around. We can find some place to eat here too."

"Let's go to the ahjumma we often visit before!" Sooyoung suggested excitedly.

"Sooyoung unnie! You're the best! Let's do that. Hurry!" Yoona started to pull Sooyoung's arm. We laughed at them. These two really. When it comes to foods, they are fast and furious.

We walk around to see the houses and get to try to sit at the warm flooring of it. They said it has a unique warming system because Koreans loves to sit on the floor.

We continue to walk until we reached a kimbap place. Sooyoung and Yoona eagerly went in this area because they said that the ahjumma's kimbap here is the best.

"Good morning, ahjumma! How have you been?" Yoona smiled sheepishly to a middle aged woman.

"Oh! Yoona? Wow I didn't noticed you. You've grown to a pretty lady now." The Ahjumma held Yoona's face lovingly while Yoona giggled cutely. Yep, they're definitely close.

"Ahjumma, I'm here too!" Sooyoung complained.

"Oh! Of course, Sooyoung." The ahjumma wave her hand at her.

"You wouldn't say that I'm a pretty lady now too?" Sooyoung raised her eyebrow like as if threatening the middle aged woman.

We laughed at her. It's like as if the ahjumma is their real auntie. She still remember them. Maybe they've been here for countless of times already.

Sunny bow politely and the ahjumma was more than happy to see her there too. She look around, curious by the new two faces, Sunny introduced us.

"This is Bora and Tiffany. They are our new friends. We wanted them to show the best place to look for when it comes to kimbap." Sunny winked at the old lady. She really knows how to flutter everyone regardless the age huh?

"Come on in then. I'll serve you the best kimbap you can find in Jeonju." We did as we told. We sat on a six seater table together. The ahjumma left to make the kimbap for us. Now I'm curious how it taste like. I wonder if it taste as good as the one Taeyeon bought for me on my first day.

It did take long for her to come back with plates filled with bite sizes of kimbap as she placed them with a smile in front of us. Her smile is very welcoming. A motherly aura is written all over her face.