Chapter 9: Universe

I am sitting at a luxury restaurant inside Taeyeon's Ranch. I am alone with her in this table. Sooyoung and the rest of the girls have left already. Obviously, Taeyeon won.

She forced me to choose! Now I don't know how to face Sooyoung. She must've been hurt because I chose to stay because that can only also mean that I choose Taeyeon over her.

I don't wanna choose between them. They are both precious to me. But something in me that tells me to stay. Because it will be harder to accept that I hurt Taeyeon for choosing Sooyoung. Is this even normal? I feel like I'm not myself anymore. My actions and decisions are unpredictable anymore. It's like I lost control.

"How do you like the place?" Taeyeon's voice brought me back in reality. I look up to her and she seems very calm while staring at me.

"I've just seen the front, Taeyeon. But so far, it's good. I like it." I nod my head.

"I'll tour you around the Ranch after eating." She declared. I just nod at her as a response.

She cleared her throat, seemingly nervous to say what's on her mind. "Did you eat breakfast?" Her eyes is shaking. She can't hold her stare at me anymore. So, you're guilty huh?

"I did." I said in a cold manner. I can't help it! The thought of her rejecting me came back in my mind. And the fact that she may be with Jessica this morning bothered me the most.

"Ohh.." She once again cleared her throat while she shifted uncomfortably on her seat. It's like as if she wanted to say something but she can't bring herself to say it. I raised an eyebrow.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate on my pocket. I fished it out to see my mother's name flashing on the screen.

"It's my mom. I'll just answer this." I didn't wait for her response as I answered the call.

"Mom?"

"Finally! We've been waiting for your call, sweetie. I just can't help it anymore. I miss you so much." I heard a sense of worried but at the same time, relieve on her voice. Right. I haven't contact them for a week. I was planning to contact them every weekend though. And I think it kinda slip out of my mind today.

"I'm sorry, mom. I'll call you every weekend."

"That'll be great. Also, Tiffany. Siwon called me yesterday. He said you've broke up with him because of a misunderstanding. He asked for your address..."

"You gave it!?" I almost shouted. The woman in front of me eyed me worriedly.

"Well, yeah. I feel bad for him..."

"He cheated on me, mom!" I said in gritted teeth.

"Oh no! I didn't know. I'm sorry, sweetie."

I sighed. "It's fine."

"I think he's on his way though. I'm really sorry, Tiffany."

"He won't see me there. I'm out."

"Where are you?"

"Uhhh... Ranch?"

There was a pause before she spoke once again. "Who are you with?"

"A friend." I pouted. I saw Taeyeon raised her eyebrow. I think she knew that we're talking about her.

"What is this friend name?" My mom just won't stop asking. She's always like this.

"Taeyeon." I said in a low voice. I kinda felt embarrassed to say her name. Don't ask me why!

"Okay. I'll hang up now. You take care and be a good girl. I miss you, sweetie. I love you."

"Sure. I miss you more, mom. And I love you. Tell dad too. You both take care there."