Chapter 21: Trustworthy

"Please let me explain, Tiffany." Jessica pleaded. I can hear the sob from her.

I turn around to see that she is indeed crying. Why is she crying? I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Fine. Speak." I crossed my arms on my chest.

"Here?" She look at me in surprise.

"Why? Do you want us to wake Taeyeon first?" I raised an eyebrow. I think I've got a little harsh. But I can't control myself. I'm afraid, worried, jealous, irritated, everything! I don't know what to feel.

"No. I just... I'm sorry, Tiffany."

"Do you still really love her?"

She nod her head yes. I felt a pang in my heart.

"But I won't steal her away from you. I'm moving on, Tiffany. I know where I stand in Taeyeon's life. I know she loves you and no one can break you two apart. Please understand me." She held my arm. I let her.

"Taeyeon was nothing but kind to me. She saved me and my sister multiple times. And I mean it when I say that we owe our lives to her. Tell me, how can you not fall to someone who is willing to save you no matter what happens? That someone who always got your back and is willing to risk her own life just to save you? Someone who is willing to accept all the accusations they throw to her no matter how painful they are just to keep you safe? And someone who shouldered everything for you. Provided all you and your sister's needs. Taeyeon did all of that for us. And it always melt my heart how can she be selfless to help us." She look me straight in the eyes, pleading me to understand her.

"I swear I'm trying to move on, Tiffany. And now that the Chois are captured, there's no reason for us to stay hidden under Taeyeon's wings. My sister and I will go back to where we belong. We will move back to our home. For that, I'll be far from Taeyeon. And I hope with the distance, I can finally move on." She sadly informed as she sniffed in the end of her talk.

"The Chois are captured?" I asked. Totally forgetting everything she had said.

"Yes. They succeed to capture them."

I look over on her back and I saw Yuri standing there with her arms crossed on her chest. Her face is dark. I sense danger in it.

"Are you alright?" I asked her. She snorted as she turn around to leave. I raised an eyebrow.

"I think I hurt her. I'm sorry, Tiffany. Please don't tell Taeyeon about this. I promise I'll fix this." Jessica turn around and chase Yuri outside the safe house. I sighed. I still feel bad about this.

Without a choice, I went back to our room. I occupied the same space before as I stare on Taeyeon. I sighed. I don't wanna lose you, Tae. What am I against Jessica? She's been with you all this long. She's pretty, she understand you better, and she loves you the same she feels before. What if you wake up one day and you realize that it's Jessica that you needed? What if you realize you still love her? Will I be able to handle the pain of losing you? I sighed. I don't think I can.

The next morning.

I didn't know when I fell asleep. I guess I was too worried of what I've discovered. It stressed me out.

"Are you awake?" I heard Taeyeon spoke. Is it weird that I was relieved to hear that? Because it only meant that I woke up in her arms. And not like what I was worrying for last night, she is still here.

"Yeah." I said in my sleepy voice. She chuckled. What's funny?

"Your wake up voice is so sexy." Even though I couldn't see her, I can totally imagine her seductive face.