1984 ✧ Dig Dug - [Pt.1]

DIG DUG
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ]

Y/n biked down her road, nearly crashing into someone, they stopped quickly, they turned to Yn, it was Lucas.

"Lucas?"

"Y/n?"

"What are you doing, you could hurt someone." said Y/n

"I'm telling Max, I was about to go to yours to ask if it was okay if I told her about when the bad men took you, so is that okay?" Lucas asked.

"That's fine." Y/n responded.

"Where are you off to anyway?" questioned Lucas, Y/n let out a sigh. "I'm going to find someone, I was gonna give you this," Y/n grabbed the letter she had written before she left home and handed it to him.

Lucas unfolded the paper and read it. "Okay, just make sure you stay safe and if you get lost or anything just let me know. You have your walkie, right?"

"Yes, I do. I'm barely leaving town, I won't be far away-"

"I understand, but you'll be alone, what if you get kidnapped-"

"I won't get kidnapped, I can look after myself for a couple hours." Y/n reassured him.

"Promise?" Lucas questioned. "I promise."

Lucas got off his bike and wrapped his arms around Y/n, who wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'll be okay, I'm not leaving forever." Y/n said, Lucas nodded. "Bye, Y/n." he biked away and Y/n went the other way.

--

Y/n propped up her bike on a brick wall, she had arrived at 220 Larrabee, she walked to the door and hesitated before knocking on the door.

Moments later she heard the door unlocking, it opened and an older brunette answered the door. "Who are you, what do you want?"

"I'm Y/n Harrington and I was told to come here." The woman didn't say anything but open the door wider so Y/n could come in, Y/n entered the house and the woman shut the door before turning to her.

"Do you want me to tell you about your mom?" she questioned, Y/n was taken aback but nodded, Cynthia walked into the kitchen and Y/n followed.

"Take a seat." Y/n sat opposite the woman and she began talking. "Me and Jen, your mom, were friends throughout high school... the two of us were inseparable until she met this guy, Jim Hopper, they went out for a while, for many years until they broke up and Jim began to date another woman."

--

"He broke up with me for Diane?" Jen paced. "Probably because I'm broke and she just got a promotion, what if I join MK Ultra!"

"Jen." Cynthia sighed. "That's stupid."

"I mean, not really, if I can win him back maybe I could do it." said Jen.

"Jenny, seriously, you can't do that just for a bit of money." Cynthia said. "Jim is the biggest piece of shit ever, he's not worth it, don't do it, Jen."