1985 ✧ E Pluribus Unum - [Pt.2 - Final Part]

E PLURIBUS UNUM
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ ]

Dustin, Erica and Y/n had finally found their exit from the vents, Dustin was first to poke his head out of the vents and Erica and Y/n did the same seconds later. "Jackpot." spoke Dustin quietly and the three of them fully climbed out of the vents.

"So, all that green stuff must be used to keep the gate open..." said Y/n, almost stating the obvious. "But I just don't get why."

"Maybe it's because Americans made weapons out of people," said Dustin, looking over at Y/n. "and they might want to do it through inter dimensional monsters."

"Asshole." she muttered, Dustin's hand flew to his mouth in shock.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that you're not a weapon."  he reassured her, a grin just formed on her face. 

"I'm kidding." she laughed, Dustin shook his head at his friend and while doing so he noticed a car.

"Oh!" he smiled, as he walked over to it followed by Erica and Y/n, Erica shook her head. "Do you even know how to drive?"

"How hard can it be? Max did it." replied Dustin, he got into the car and his smile faded upon realising there was no key. "Aw, come on."

"Well, no way, they wouldn't leave it in here." Y/n commented, Dustin looked over at her. "Jeez, someone's in a bad mood."

"No, I am not!" she gasped, he just went back to looking for a key. "Missing a certain somebody."

"You are so strange!" Y/n exclaimed, Erica just sighed and walked off, she was already tired of their friendly bickering. 

"Okay, but while you're complaining help me find this spare key." he spoke, while Y/n checked in the car.

"Hey, Y/n, Dustin?" Erica questioned.

"Mhm?" Y/n muttered mid way through looking for this key.

"How big did you guys say that Demogorgon was?" she asked.

"Big. Nine feet or so. Why?" asked Dustin, she didn't respond and Dustin and Y/n continued searching.

Dustin spotted some sort of locked box, he unlocked it with his screwdriver and Y/n grabbed the keys. "Okay, let's get Steve and Robin and go back to the mall and then we tell Hopper and he'll bring that Owens guy down to sort it out and then we'll be fine." she said quietly to Dustin

"We found them." Dustin announced over at Erica, but she wasn't there. "Erica?" she didn't reply  and the next thing the two friends heard was a noise from a type of weapon, they both jumped and turned to the younger girl.

"What the hell is that?" asked Dustin.

"A deadly weapon. Could be useful." she replied, setting it off once again. 

"For what?" asked Dustin.

"What do you think?" she questioned. "Taking down Commies, saving your friends."

"Thought you were more realistic than that, nerd." said the boy. "We don't even know where they are, and even if we did, there are a million guards up there with weapons way deadlier than that."

"Nope." Y/n protested, pointing at her head, Dustin put his head in his hands. "But you don't know how-"

"I'll be fine." she reassured him, he stood there staring at her. "Okay, are you going to move or..."

"Yeah, we're going to find help." Dustin decided. "Their chance of survival rises if we were to get help. Just please trust me."

"They could be dead right now, Dustin." Y/n snapped back. "I mean, I trust you but worst case is that I get knocked out." Dustin shook his head and started the car, leaving the two girls wondering which option they were taking.

--

Y/n, Erica and Dustin stormed into a room, there were only one or two guards in there, they stood up from their seats and got their guns out from their sides. To their shock the metal began to melt in their hand and they dropped it.

"Where are the sailors?" asked Erica, the man looked over at the trio in shock. "The Americans, I can't say-"

Y/n sent him a glare, which completely changed his mind, he pointed to the left of him. "Two doors away." he spoke through a thick Russian accent. 

"You don't tell anybody, or I'll burn this whole place up and I swear-" Y/n threatened but Dustin grabbed her arm. "Hey, let's go."

"Crazy bitch!" one of the men hissed as they left the room. 

"Yeah that's my best friend and she's fucking crazy." Dustin spoke before he left the room, as they left Y/n began to laugh at what he'd just said, she remembered when he had said that to Troy and James about Eleven. 

"You two! Let's go!" Erica whisper yelled, but when they had nearly found Steve and Robin the alarm began to blare again. 

"Okay, shit, do you think they told?" asked Y/n, Dustin shrugged. "I don't know, but we better just get out of here." and with that they burst into the room Steve and Robin were being held in, Dustin charged at some man in a lab coat, whilst Erica and Y/n untied them.

"Y/n, Henderson!" exclaimed Steve, he had been beaten up so bad he was barely recognisable. "We were just talking about you two! The guy thinks you're super cool about your powers!"

Y/n looked over at Dustin and Erica. "Of course he let that secret out."

"Yeah, I think they're out of it!" said Erica. 

"My hair's out of it!" laughed Steve. "Out of this world!" Robin burst into laughter, the three kids looked over at each other, knowing this would be a whole challenge to get them back to the mall.

A/n: Y/N AND LUCAS REUNION NEXT EPISODE!! also there's a new theme, which I'm beyond excited about.