1985 ✧ Suzie, Do You Copy? - [Pt.2]

Author's notes: long time no see! This chapter is starting on a rough note and the harrington siblings will be having some family trouble but nothing very bad. If any of that is upsetting to you, this chapter isn't the most important chapter and can be skipped out. hugs and kisses, els 💕

SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ ]

"It's disappointing that you failed school and now you've got a shitty ice cream job." Mr Harrington complained to his 19 year old son, who was wearing a sailor uniform. "Your sister's doing great for herself, it's embarrassing for you."

"It's embarrassing that your actual son is doing badly for himself and the one you adopted who you barely look after is doing better." Steve snapped, Y/n wasn't used to Steve being like this and it was unlike her father especially infront of Y/n.

"I raised her because her real parents either died or left her. I raised her, not anybody else it was me!" he yelled, Y/n looked up at her dad and Steve stared at him dumbfounded.

"You clearly weren't great at it, either of you, I've looked after her more than either of you ever will." he spoke.

"Fucking girls in my home is not looking after her!" yelled Mr Harrington.

"Letting her get lost in the woods while she was in your care isn't either!" Steve snapped, as he stood up, Y/n wanted to get out of the situation as soon as she could and when Steve left she followed and when the both of them got outside Steve turned to his sister.

"I can take you to Dustin's?" he offered knowing she was to surprise him as he was coming back from camp.

"No, you'll be late for work, I'm meeting Lucas on the way, but thanks for offering." she smiled as she got on her bike.

--

The group of kids sat around the Henderson's table all of them helping make the sign, the kids were all talking and making plans for the rest of the summer.

"Well, me and Y/n were planning on going to the mall, and El can come too." Max offered, El's face lit up and she nodded, Y/n was listening to what was going on but her mind was fixed on what had happened earlier that morning and Lucas noticed something was bothering her.

"What! She can't go to the mall, the bad men might get her." Mike complained.

"Mike, don't." Y/n scolded, knowing it might remind El of what had happened years prior. "She looks nothing like she did before, nobody would suspect it plus I go out all the time and I'm perfectly fine."

"I know, I just-" Mike couldn't continue as the noise of a car pulling into the driveway.

"Shit, go." Max ordered, the group got up and Max grabbed the banner, they found themselves hid behind a wall and they heard the door open.

"I just- Why did nobody remember, I mean surely-"

"Dusty!" Claudia scolded, Dustin stomped off into his bedroom and slammed the door. "Dusty, I've got to go! Tew's has to go to the vets, I'll see you later." with no reply from Dustin the kids heard the door slam shut.