1985 ✧ The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.1]

a/n: the first scene is pretty gruesome just a heads up😭

THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ]

El was panicking, I mean, who wouldn't be if they could feel something moving around in their leg.

"Jesus Christ." gasped Dustin, Jonathan got up.

"Keep her talking, keep her awake." he ordered as he ran off not telling anybody what he was doing.

"El!  Stay awake, okay, we're here." Mike reassured her, "Okay." she spoke quietly as tears ran down her face, but she was struggling to keep consciousness.

"Stay wake, stay awake." said Mike, he turned to the rest of the group. "Get her on this side." they all helped move her up.

"Easy, easy, easy, easy." muttered Steve.

"You, uh, You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... The goalie on my soccer team Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin rambled trying to help the situation.

"Robin." said Steve.

"Yeah?"

"You're not helping."

"I'm sorry."

Jonathan rushed back over the rest of the group. "Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay." she spoke through sobs.

"I need you to stay real still." said Jonathan. "Here. you're gonna want to bite down on this okay?" he passed Mike a wooden and she bit down on it, he grabbed one of those huge kitchen knives and hesitated and looked over at everyone.

"Do it." Mike ordered.

"Okay." he breathed, he then began to cut down her leg, she screamed in pain and everybody was looking away in disgust, once he had cut a big enough hole he dropped the knife, Eleven sobbed and was gripping Y/n's hand with what felt like all of her strength.

Y/n looked back over at Jonathan and he put his fingers into the cut, Y/n had never seen anything worse and she'd seen some gruesome stuff in her life.

"Jonathan!" Nancy scolded but he barely acknowledged her. "Stop talking." he moved his hands around even quicker trying to grab whatever was in her leg, ignoring Eleven's screams.

El spat the spoon out. "No! Stop it! Stop Stop!"

Nancy pushed him away and he moved away. "I can do it." she reassured them. "I can do it."

She let go of both Mike and Y/n's hands and she slowly raised her hand over her leg, she wailed as she seemed to be struggling to use her powers, like she was draining herself.

She let out one last scream as whatever was in her leg emerged from it, the glass behind the group shattered and Y/n and Max covered their heads with their hands.

Eleven held the creature in the air for a few seconds before throwing it across the floor, whatever it was tried to move away from the group but it was stopped, Jim Hopper, Joyce Byers and some random guy Y/n had never seen in her life were stood before them.

--

Once they had all regrouped, they hadn't shared anything that had gone on but everyone was just calming down, Robin and Steve were with Jonathan and Steve grabbing drinks for themselves and Eleven.

Max, Joyce and Hopper were just making sure El was okay.

The strange man, which Y/n now had come to realise was Murray Bauman as she'd heard stories about him from Hopper and he pretty much matched the picture, was doing something on his own.

And the original party members had all gone off to the bathroom.

"Well, Y/n's on her own, so I'll just go with her... because what if the mind flayer like gets her..." Lucas trailed off, Will looked over at him.

"Seriously, she doesn't need you with her 24/7, Lucas, she's independent now so-" he defended.

"It's fine, Will." she reassured him, sending him a quick smile. "Thanks though."

Before he could say anything more Dustin hit him in the arm and murmured something to him.

"No, I'm not cockblocking, weirdo!" snapped Will.

"Shhhh." hissed Dustin, Y/n shook her head at Dustin.

"Weirdo." she laughed as her and Lucas went in the bathroom, she grinned up at Lucas, she was more than happy he was there now.

"So..." he began, it became awkward, he was awkward so he always did that. "What happened down in the Russian base?"

"Nothing really, used my powers..." she spoke grinning down at her feet, as she sat up in the bit of counter between the sink.

"You did?" he gasped. "You're like actually a superhero, what did you do?"

"Steve and Robin had been like captured and when we went looking for them some Russians pulled out a gun and I melted it on his hands." she described, he gasped as his grin remained on his face.

"I knew you'd be able to get it." he smiled.

"Yeah, I think I might have it now." she nodded, smiling at him.

Y/n's smile faded once the thought of a huge spider monster possibly being after them. "What's this spider monster like, do you think this might be the one- you know, that-"

"No!" he reassured her. "You're my superhero, Y/n/n, nothing can beat you, I promise."

"You think?" she questioned.

"I know." he replied, the both of them made eye contact for a few moments but it didn't last long as he leaned in and kissed her, obviously they were going out but they didn't kiss all the time, so when they did it was special.

Nothing mattered in that moment, no monsters, no Russians, no mindflayer, nothing, just Y/n and Lucas.

They quickly pulled back when they heard someone approaching the girl's bathroom, Y/n jumped down from the side out of instinct.

Max Mayfield was the one to walk in, she laughed at seeing the two of them. "Sorry guys."

"No, no, I lost my way, I was just going- sorry, Y/n, accident-" he rambled before leaving.

"Okay." Max nodded, she waited for him to leave and when he did she smiled at Y/n.

"Barely even seen you and you've already been making out with him." said Max, Y/n shook her head.

"No it was barely a makeout." she reassured her.

"Ah, okay." she nodded.

"It wasn't!"

"Yeah, okay."

A/n: faves are back !!! finally... posted almost everyday for the past few days, extremely excited for season 4 but gutted over the fact I'll have to take a break when we're waiting for season 5🥲