1986 ✧ The Dive - [Pt.1]

THE DIVE
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ]

To the joy of the group, they'd all spent the night at the Harrington house instead of in the Wheeler basement, in the morning they'd got ready and left for the store to grab Eddie some food.

'Girls on film' played in the car, requested by Robin herself. "Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit?" asked Robin. "Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be... fine." Nancy reassured her.

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin spoke. "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve smiled.

"That's what my mom does." Max added, Y/n felt terrible.

Y/n wanted to speak to Lucas, they barely got a chance to speak again on their own as Steve went full mom mode the night before and made Dustin and Lucas share a room and was giving strict orders that they couldn't go into Y/n's room where her and Max were.

Dustin told him to shut up to put it in the simplest way possible. Y/n lifted up his sleeve to check once again his bracelet was still on his wrist from years ago, of course it was and so was hers.

She brought her bracelet next to his and he took the opportunity to take her hand and intertwine his fingers with hers. She looked at him and smiled at him and the pair stayed like that for the whole ride to Eddie's.

When they pulled up to where Eddie was supposed to be hiding out, it seemed to have become a crime scene. "Come on, this way." Nancy ordered and the group stood behind a van whilst they listened to what the new chief had to say.

He was speaking about a murder, a murder in the lake.

"It was there that we found the victim," The chief explained. "an 18-year-okd senior from Hawkins High, Patrick Mckinney." Y/n's thoughts went straight to Lucas, she turned to him and he had seemed to zone out.

She gently grabbed his hand and rubbed the back of it, reassuring him he'd be okay, without saying anything.

Before anybody could say much more, the chief revealed Eddie's name to the public. "Oh, man." murmured Steve. "This is not good. Really not good."

When the cops stopped speaking to the press, Dustin's walkie talkie went off. "Dustin, Wheeler?" he questioned, it was Eddie Munson.

"Eddie. Holy shit."  Dustin gasped. "Are you okay?"

"Nah, man." Eddie spoke, his voice seemed broken. "Pretty... pretty goddamn far from okay."

"Where is he?" asked Robin.

"Where are you?" Dustin asked Eddie. "Skull Rock. You know it?" Eddie questioned.

"That's near Cornwallis and-"

"Garrett, yeah, I know where that is." Steve spoke and the group made their way back to the car.

Lucas and Y/n trailed behind Robin and Nancy he walked silently next to each other whilst Steve and Dustin bickered with each other. Max on the other hand, just walked on her own.