1985 ✧ The Flayed - [Pt.1]

THE FLAYED
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ]

The group just screamed as they began to fall down in the secret room which they had now figured out was an elevator.

Y/n rushed over to the control panel along with Dustin and they were attempting to press the buttons hoping it would stop.

"We're going down!" yelled Steve. "We're going down!"

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" yelled Robin, gripping onto the shelves behind her.

"Why don't these buttons work?!" screamed Dustin. "Make them work, Y/n!"

"How would I make them work?!" she yelled, Erica went over to them and pushed Dustin out the way.

"Press the button!" she ordered

"What do you think I'm doing?" Dustin questioned, still in panic mode.

"Come on, press something!" yelled Steve. "Just press the button!" Dustin just screamed in response.

"Push it!" yelled Erica, then the elevator stopped abruptly and Y/n fell on her back, hurting herself slightly.

Before she could complain about it, the drama queen of the Harrington household spoke up. "My groin. It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me!" Dustin went over to him and lifted it up off of him.

Erica offered her hand to Y/n who was still on the floor processing what had just happened, she grabbed Erica's hand and got up off of the ground.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Robin.

"Yeah, I'm great now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" replied Steve, shoving Dustin out of the way so he could press the buttons.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." said Robin.

"They're buttons." Steve stated. "They have to do something."

"Yeah, if we had a keycard."

"What?" he asked.

"It's an electronic lock." she responded. "Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning-"

"We're stuck in here." finished Dustin, Robin nodded. "Yeah." the room was silent just trying to understand what was going on until Erica spoke up.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom find out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down one by one and slit your throats."

"I don't care about Tina!" Steve snapped, being careful to not scare Erica too much. "Or Uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!"

"Hey." Dustin spoke quietly. "What if we climbed out?"

Moments later, Y/n found herself on the roof of the elevator with Dustin and Steve, she looked up and saw that they were at least half a mile underground.

"What were you saying about climbing?"

The three younger members of the group were in a corner while the older members quietly discussed what they could do, but after a while they realised it was useless and they were probably stuck until the elevator returned to the mall which could take days or even weeks.

Erica was fast asleep but Dustin and Y/n were wide awake listening to Steve and Robin's conversation.

"Is this what it was like?" asked Dustin, breaking the silence between the both of them, she tilted her head at him in confusion.

"What?" she questioned.

"In the lab." he responded, lowering his voice, she nodded.

"A bit, I was alone though so that made it worse." she explained.

"What was it like, you never said." said Dustin. "I mean, if you're okay telling me?"

"No, no, it's fine, I've only ever properly told Lucas, El and Steve a tiny bit." Y/n told him. "I was stuck in a room for a whole night and I just sat there and panicked all night which made it worse."

"Is that why you're not panicking over being here?" he asked.

"Yeah, there's always a way out you realise?" Y/n questioned. "That liquid has to go somewhere."

"I mean, yeah." Dustin nodded. "Did it hurt when you got a tattoo?"

"They drugged me... I don't remember." Y/n replied, she let out a laugh. "but when I woke up it felt a bit like i'd been stung by a bee."

"Makes for a cool story though." Dustin laughed, Y/n grinned. "And a cool scar on your arm."

"Yeah, that's one for the party gatherings in twenty years." Y/n added, she lifted up her sleeve and looked at where she was injected all those years ago. "See, no scar."

"Lucas says that was the worst day of his life." Dustin spoke. "Finding out what happened."

"You love telling me everything he's said about me, don't you?" She questioned, letting out a laugh.

Dustin and Y/n were like siblings, they had gotten along as soon as they met, they clicked instantly and had never had a single argument.

"Seriously though, he said he could've cried when he saw that tattoo, it broke his heart... he was a wreck at the hospital, Nancy and Steve were reassuring him that you were okay." Dustin explained.

"He didn't believe it so me and Mike ended up playing I spy in the waiting room which didn't last long because Mike and I fell asleep, Lucas stayed awake though, he was so upset that he'd let those men hurt you how they had done."

"Don't or you'll make me cry." said Y/n, laughing to herself.

"Just saying" he shrugged

"You two gonna get some sleep or no?" Steve questioned quietly, trying not to wake Erica up.

"I mean, the floor's a tiny bit uncomfy." Dustin replied sarcastically. "Why can't we just join you two and talk-"

"No!" Steve stopped him.

"Okay sorry, mr grumpy." Y/n muttered, Dustin laughed at Steve's nickname.

Steve rolled his eyes at the pair but spoke up softly. "You two get some sleep, okay?"

a/n: trying to write in as much Lucas and Y/n as I can, I promise their reunion will be good!!!!!!! also two chapters in less than a week?! this is very new for me 🤣