1985 ✧ The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.3]

THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ]

Although both Y/n and Max were doing their best to help El she was still in a lot of pain as they made their way to the car.

"Hold on let me help." Mike spoke.

"Mike, are you sure?" Y/n asked, he nodded. "Yeah, don't worry, I'll help her for a minute."

Y/n let go of El and Mike put El's arm over his shoulder. "Here let me help you."

Y/n admired how much he cared for El, they really did love each other. Y/n knew from the moment Mike let her in his basement.

Will, Lucas and Y/n got into the backseats, Y/n in the middle of the two of them. "Hey, nance, what kind of music have you got?" asked Y/n.

"I've got a bit of mine and Jonathan's, so everything really." she replied.

"Billy Joel?" asked Lucas, Nancy nodded. "A bit, Jonathan knows."

"What about Kate Bush?" asked Max, Nancy nodded. "Okay, Kate Bush first!"

"No, the clash!" argued Will.

Nancy was clearly having trouble with the car while the kids were arguing over music choice. "What's wrong?" asked Jonathan.

"I don't... I don't know." she replied, trying to start it up again. "Are you serious. Come on!"

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" asked Lucas.

"Yes!" Nancy replied. "I'm sure it's fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will questioned.

"No."

"Do we have gas?" Mike asked.

"Yes!" Nancy snapped, she was getting frustrated trying to start the car.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just stop, stop!" spoke Jonathan. "Pop the hood." the both of them got out of the car leaving the kids alone, they couldn't even start a conversation as they heard an engine revving.

"Billy." Max gasped, Y/n looked at the car approaching them.

"Not this guy again, always has to ruin things." Y/n shook her head. "Sorry, Max."

"No worries, gotta agree with you on that one." she smiled, Nancy smacked the window causing Will, Lucas and Y/n to jump.

"Get back in the mall!" she ordered, they all got out of the car and rushed inside of the mall as quick as they could.

--

Lucas was sat opposite Y/n practicing using his wrist rocket, which he carried around with him everyday. On the other hand Mike was practically yelling down his Walkie.

"Want a go?" he asked.

"Really?" she questioned. "You never let anyone use it."

"Yeah well you're not just anyone are you?" he smiled, he gave her his wrist rocket and she took it from him.

"What do you do?" Y/n asked, she was sort of investigating the wrist rocket