1985 ✧ The Sauna Test - [Pt.1]

THE SAUNA TEST
[ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ]

Dustin and Y/n were on the same roof they were at with Robin and Steve to investigate further. The same man with the gun from the night before opened the door with his keycard in order to let whatever was in the boxes into the room.

"There's no way we're getting in there." Y/n concluded.

"I mean... Y/n you do have powers, you can do whatever you wanted." Dustin spoke, Y/n shook her head.

"Dustin, I have no idea how to control them." Y/n said. "I mean, I don't even know fully what I can do."

"Burn things, you know, the usual." Dustin shrugged, Y/n looked over at him.

"I want to be able to use them but, I'm scared that I might accidentally hurt somebody." Y/n explained, she'd never really spoken about her powers to anyone before. "And when I remind myself I've got them I just feel different and I don't like that."

"Being different is good, our whole group of friends are a bunch of nerds, do you not agree?" He questioned.

"I mean, fair enough-"

"And also, when you were in Hawaii in Spring Break, everyone talked about you and how much they missed you, Lucas wouldn't shut up about you," Dustin recalled. "he clearly likes you a lot, not even some powers would change that."

"That was before we were dating, no?" Y/n questioned.

"Yep, you can't say a word but Lucas was with Max a lot, Max was helping him try and pluck up the courage to ask you out, I mean it was long overdue. When you said yes, he ran to mike's house when you went home and me, Mike and Will listened to him ramble on for ages."

"Steve and Robin said 15 minutes and it's been..." Y/n checked her watch. "Twenty five minutes."

"We'll walk and talk then." He offered his hand out for her to help her up, she grabbed it and they left the roof.

"Have you ever said the L word?" Dustin questioned.

"This is the type of stuff I talk to Max about, Dustin." Y/n complained.

"You've known me longer, my mouth is shut, I'm no snitch." said Dustin, Y/n chuckled.

"No, we haven't." Y/n finally replied.

"Do you want to?" he asked.

"What does it matter to you, you have your own girlfriend." Y/n spoke.

"I like to know what's going on, that's all."

"I don't know, I mean yeah, there's times when I've wanted to say it but what if he doesn't feel the same." Y/n suggested.

"I heard from a source of mine that he definitely does." Dustin smirked, they arrived at Scoops Ahoy.

"What are you talking about, who's your source?" Y/n questioned as Dustin opened the door, quickly ending their conversation.

"Could you shitheads have taken any longer?" Steve questioned.

--