♧The Invitation 14♧

(A message from author Yae)

♡Happy Reading ;)♡

Adam's POV

I was checking the final documents making sure everything is perfect and is in order so that I can return earlier. Its been a week since I went into a business trip for the sake of expanding my company and maintaining healthy relationships with my clients. Its also been a week since I last saw Vanon. After that sweet night we had, I left a note for him the next morning and didn't bother waking him up. He looked so cute and peaceful when he sleeps so I let him be. I'm also trying my best to restrain myself from contacting him, I just wanna see his reaction not seeing me for a while. I smiled at the thought.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the screen, it said 'Brother'. I sigh and it took me a while to convince myself to answer the phone.

"What do you want this time?"

"Is that how you greet you brother? I was kinda hurt, you didn't even tell me that you're here in Chicago" he said dramatically.

"I'm a busy person Aden, I'm not fond of wasting my time over useless conversations" I said frankly and I heard him chuckle.

"Oh brother, I just missed you so much that I wanna see you. Same place, same time. See ya"

Is the last thing I heard before my phone beeps. I rubbed the temple of my forehead thinking about how I still have to deal with some shit before I can return and see Vanon.

"I wanna go back as soon as possible" I whispered to the wind.

~~~~~~~

I stepped out of my car and I was then greeted by some men in black.

"Greetings, Sir Adam. We were asked to escort you to ensure your safety. Please follow me" one man said in a polite manner as others starts surrounding me.

We went to my brother's building and when we reached the floor where we planned to meet, I immediately saw him facing away from us.

"Sir Aden, Sir Adam has arrived"

He suddenly turned around and I saw my cocky brother, a very spitting image of me.

"Well well, I can never get used to this, it feels like I'm facing a mirror everytime I see you. Though I'll never get tired watching the handsome face we share Adam" he chuckled as he signaled his men to get out.

"I couldn't agree more." I smirked.

"How have you been?" he asked.

"I'm doing everything perfectly." I said proudly and sat to a chair parallel to him.

We talked about a lot of things like what normal brothers do with wines on our hands.

"How about I live your life for a day like we used to do?" he suddenly asked and I looked at him seriously.

"I mean, we used to do it right? I kinda miss the experience. Besides, no one can actually tell us apart" he added. I once asked him to take my place pretending to be me and play my role at everything I'm involved whether it's in the office or in public. I just trained him to be my double once but he seems to like it.

"Is that why you called me? Well, I have to decline and that won't happen any time sooner." I said.

"Oh please, just a few days" he begged me.

"A no is a no Aden. You're wasting my time. It's a pleasure to meet you again but I have to go. See you somewhere" I stood up and tried to leave.