Meeting His Match (Ouat FF)- Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Third Person's P.O.V.

Pan, Natalie, and Felix were currently in Pan's hut, going over what the plan is to over rule the Alpha Changeling, or the Mama Bear, as Natalie called it.

"We could surround the perimeter while Natalie draws it out, then Pan attacks. If he needs help, we step in," Felix offered, circling his finger around the Changeling cave on the map. Natalie shook her head, before pointing to a hole near the cave.

"This is where the changelings are bread. It may look obvious on the map, but the place is hidden. They would just regroup and surround us," Natalie told him. Pan nodded.

"They also have the Neverbeast. So we can't do much without it catching our scent," he said, looking to Natalie. She smirked at him, before pulling out a small vile.

"This elixer should mask our scents to the thing," she told them. "This is only a small portion but I can make more."

Felix nodded. "Good, we'll need it." He then looked to Pan. "But what are we gonna tell the boys? That a Mama monster has come to raid the camp and we need to kill it? They're just kids."

Pan went to answer, but Natalie cut him off. "I know they're just kids, no child should go through something like this," she told him. "But if we don't then everyone on this island is going to die."

"How do you know that? All they did was take Baelfire," Felix argued. She glared at him.

"I know how things like this work. First, it's just the stealing of supplies. Then the kidnappings of Lost Boys. Then we find them dead everywhere we go. Once we're out of the game, they're gonna go after the Indians, the mermaids, and maybe even the few fairies if we do not stop them. They've take the Neverbeast, for crying out loud! The most dangerous creature on this island! We need to stop them!" she yelled.

Pan and Felix looked at each other before nodding.

"We need to do this. I won't lose another family. We'll continue this tomorrow," Natalie stated, before leaving the hut to make dinner.

***

Natalie carried a pot in her hand as she passed around the circle of Lost Boys. She poured the stew she made into their bowls with a spoon, but stopped when a hand tugged on her apron. She turned to see one the boys, no older than seven, looking up at her with big, brown eyes.

"Excuse me, but do you have any bread?" he asked, making all the Lost Boys go silent. They were curious as to what she would say, expecting a sarcastic response, but that didn't come. To their surprise, she actually smiled, before placing the bowl down on the metal plate on the fire to keep it warm, then reached behind it to reveal a bowl on freshly baked bread. She handed one to the boy, who took it with a exited smile.

Everyone watched in anticipation as the boy dipped his bread in his soup, then took a bite. When he was finished and swallowed, he smiled up at Natalie. "That was delicious! Thank you!"

She smiled kindly at him, before nodding. Now all the boys were asking for bread, all moaning at the new taste of the stew with the crunchy rolls. Pan was watching from a distance, Felix next to him as they observed the girl.

"She really isn't what I expected," Felix commented. Pan just nodded, keeping his eyes on her as Natalie talked to the boys.

"What is the stew made of?" the boy Jack asked. Natalie was now moving around for seconds.

"Carrot, tomato, lemon juice, pig meat, and a bit of rosemary. It's a recipe my mother used to make with the toasted bread rolls," she answered, pouring some in two bowls to take to Pan and Felix. Suddenly, one of the boys asked,